ram help

Battl3fr0nt

Limp Gawd
if I run my ram at 1:1 on my PC8500 and I have my fsb at 333 will I notiice any difference if I run it at a 667 or 1066 some say running it at 1:1 is best but I just wanna make sure... and if there is a difference will it be more fps in game's and how much more like 2-3 or 10? ( my specs are in the sig)

and another thing I am running my 8800GTS 640 PNY @ 675 core and 950 on the mem is that ok cuz I did in game tests and everything is fine and I ran ati tool for 20 mins and the highest the temnp goes is 64... and in the game testing I did it at the part of the game that droped the fps down to 40 cuz normal fps is about 100 around on all maps on cod4 for me.. and this OC is on Air... I just dont hear much ppl getting that high and staying that cool... if the core is not getting to hot no dmg can be done right? everything seems very good and I did notice a big diff in FPS about 20 fps from the stock clock on the GPU.. and no choke points on the map like when it was stock... please suggest anything (good/bad) thanks agian...

You probably arent getting a response because you need to test it and see, we can only give guidelines.

If you can get a much higher ram speed by not clocking it 1:1 with the bus, it may be beneficial overall to clock it higher.
If the speeds arent much different, 1:1 bus is probably preferable.
The best way to tell is do some gaming benchmarks and see what works best with your hardware.
Thats what we do when we want to know :)

When at 1:1 speed there is another benefit you should make use of.
As the memory is running slower, it is capable if using tighter timings, sometimes much tighter.
This can give a good performance boost.
(At stock memory speeds you should be able to tighten some timings as well. You can also loosen timings to get an ever higher overclock but the trade off isnt always beneficial so its worth benchmarking)
This adds on to why 1:1 speed can be better than a higher clock.
Just using 1:1 without changing the timings does not give an accurate picture of your systems capability unless you intend on never changing the timings (which would be a shame).

If I found the performance to be the same between high overclock and slow timings vs low overclock and faster timings, I would take the low overclock as it will generate less heat.

Regarding the graphics card clock, the temps look fine so if it is stable then all is good.

Back