Ram Options and choices

I did a quick search and found nothing here on this subject so i decided to make a post. This is my first time in this section so thanks prematurely for the help.

I have a 64 3200 Winchester and a Asus A8V Deluxe. I am trying to get the best ram for the buck and have narrowed it down to 2 candidates....

TWINX1024-3200C2PT or TWINX1024-3200XL... I cant remember where I read it but it seems that the XL overclockers damn good. But i here that the C2 overclocks well and is a whole lot cheaper. Is the XL worth the extra 100 bucks.

Are there other alternatives out there? I hear that the Corsair works better Asus boards.

thanks guys for any help.

SS

There is better alternatives if you want good solid OC'ing memory. PDQ Patriot and PQI Turbo are both awesome OC'ing memory. I sold my OCZ PC3200 Plat.Rev.2 and bought PQI Turbo series and im running them (512x2, PC3200 2-2-2-5) at 270Mhz at 3-3-3-8 timings on 3200 Win and MSI K8N Neo2 Plat. moboo. Both these memory is TCCD chipped modules which dont require a lot of voltages to run them. Im only using 2.85v (mobo max) on mine. Also G-Skill is another popular memory for high OCes. Personally Im not too fond of Corsair, so Id go with one of the others above. Just my opinion though.

Some Corsair is TCCD, so if you're really bent on Corsair, you can get that stuff. I have the G.Skills and they work great. I can get up to around 280HTT with Cas 2.5 and higher with Cas 3. I can also run Cas 2 up to 240 HTT or so.

Now that my thread is in the right place anymore suggestions from the memory crowd? any advise there folks :)

are you overclocking?
if you don't need anything hardcore, crucial ballistix is awesome ram for it's price.
i can get the two sticks in my sig up to 240-245mhz at 2.5-2-2 before the memory controller says "NO MORE!" and proceeds to lock up memtest.

Well i dont plan on doing any hardcore overclocking but I am sure that I will be doing some. I am not looking for extreme clock speeds just a little something to squeeze out a few more frames.

Doing some reading on that Ram and it looks pretty good. I just might pick up a Gig of it.

Thanks for the advise

Anybody else feel free to comment I really appriecate the advise folks I really do. Got to love the [H] community. :p

Back