RAM Problems? Cooling too Tight?

Hi Kyle, just got around to building my rig - see sig, I was the guy who e-mailed you Kyle to see if you would be doing a review of the Biostar TPower I55.

I'm Suffering the exact same problems, I have also tried some OCZ 1333C7 Platinum Ram it just boots with 2GB showing in Windows 7, 1st Bios page also shows only 2GB yet in CPUZ, DXDIAG, Toverclocker it does show the ram is physically there.

I think I'm going to RMA the Motherboard & CPU, it's either one or the other that's at fault I reckon it's the Foxconn socket, I will update you in the next week or two when I get more infomation from the Technicians from where I bought them.

Just one thing to ask Kyle, did you actually solve your issues by not tightening as much? I tried reseating my CPU & not tightening as much to no avail.

Well I think I've solved the problem but I will need to RMA anyway here is why. :(

The manual says I can only use either A1 OR B1 to boot, now if I use A1 the system boots, if I use B1 the system will not boot up with any 4 sticks of ram I use I get AMI BIOS POST CODE: EA which isn't in the Manual to explain whats wrong.

If I put 4 x 2GB ram in I have 4GB out of 8GB usable, I then began to switch slots etc & found that if I put ram in slots A1 & A2 - 4GB of ram does show up, but using slots B1 & B2 fail to show any physical ram, so it must be the two faulty dim slots.

memoryslotsbiostari55.png

Back