RAM problems.

crawford60

Gawd
Ok, I have some Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 ram. (4 x 1GB)
2 of them are BL12864AA804.16FD5 (bought 3 months ago)
2 of them are BL12864AA804.8FE5 (bought 1 month ago)

I have them running at 2.2v 4-4-4-12 timings.
They were running fine on the PC in my sig. I had my fsb set to 400, with my RAM at 1:1.

These were running fine for over a month at this. Then I ran the windows disk defragmenter. Ever since then, I have been getting BSODs and the PC immediately restarting. Thinking maybe It might be running too fast, I backed everything back down to stock fsb 333 and ram at 5:6 It didn't help. I still got the error.

So I ran Memtest86+ v2.01. it came back with thousands errors in less than a minute. So I took out all the sticks and put them in one at a time and ran memtest again to see which one went bad. none would show an error getting confused I put all four sticks back in and ran memtest for 14 hours with no errors.

So I left everything at the stock settings and went about my normal use, It worked for less than a day after that. When I woke up this morning it was waiting for me at login. Reset from yet another stop error. So I run memtest again with all 4 sticks in and get a few errors, in about 10 minutes.

Now, I have run through the ram, one stick at a time, again trying to find the bad stick, but they all pass at 1 hour runs (about 5 cycles of the test).

I'm stuck at what to do. Help me please.
oh, and I'm on XP Pro SP2.

Back