RAMdrive reliable for VM on 2008r2x64 48gb/12core host

gaspah

2[H]4U
Looking for RAMdrive software that can handle a 30-35gb RAMdrive to install a VM on through VMWare Workstation 7.1. The host machine is running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and is running on a dual hex-core / 48GB ram / Intel 5520 platform.

Ideally I would use SuperSpeed RamDisk Plus Server but they're asking ridiculous amounts of money for what is essentially a home (non-business) setup. What I require is first, obviously the ability to save/load on shutdown/startup. Quite importantly the ability to save the state on the fly as this PC may not switch off for months where a power outage may lose months of settings etc. I'd prefer the ability to mount to a folder eg C:\Temp but I could live without it. Also the ability to easily manually dismount/mount the image to free up RAM if needed is quite important. Support for multiple RAMdrives and large 30+GB drives is a must.

Most importantly reliable, had trouble in the past with RAMdrives vanishing into thiin air never to be seen again taking my windows install with it :eek:

any help as always much appreciated :)

What are you going to be using that's going to require that many IOPS? :eek:

firefox. lol. no really i am underutilizing it reducing such powerful hardware to a really fast responding desktop for everything bar gaming. but the ram is there and theres not much else i can use it for in any practical sense. but the computer came into my possession through a pleasant twist of fate so why not utilize it... :D

but no nothing that'll use the IOPS.... only stuff that will benefit from quicker load times etc...

Back