Random monitor post. $8000 cash better get you something neat

Looks to be a monitor designed for some odd use in fields we don't even know about or understand. :D

Looks to be a monitor designed for some odd use in fields we don't even know about or understand. :D

Hey it does list computer gaming under the uses. :D

The shipping case is almost a grand. Damn....

Anyway yea this is not something for your average user.

It displays images in 3 dimensions, yep 3d. That means it has two identical LCD screens, a carefully positioned/designed mirror so each eye sees a different screen and its set up so multiple observers see the same separation and 3 dimensional image. My guess is that none of todays game systems could drive the pixels fast enough and coordinated enough to give a clear 3d picture in real time. But I am sure it would work great for CAT scan images and such.

Mac

It wouldn't be that hard for a video card or game to handle that. I mean, if a video card can handle running a game across two monitors at 1920x1200, (not many more pixels then running a single 2560x1600) then it could handle this.

And all the game would need to do is have it set up so one monitor gets an image rendered from slightly to the left of where the camera would normally be (position, not angle), and the other monitor would display the image rendered from slightly to the right of the normal camera position.

The most common usage I see for this is aerial/satellite photo interpretation. Stereoscopic vision allows for depth perception and it can be done with two photographs and a simple two-lens stereoscope, but something like this would obviously be far more accurate.

It wouldn't be that hard for a video card or game to handle that. I mean, if a video card can handle running a game across two monitors at 1920x1200, (not many more pixels then running a single 2560x1600) then it could handle this.

And all the game would need to do is have it set up so one monitor gets an image rendered from slightly to the left of where the camera would normally be (position, not angle), and the other monitor would display the image rendered from slightly to the right of the normal camera position.

I think it's a little more complicated than that, unless you want clipping issues.

"StereoMirror technology delivers stunning images for use in applications such as satellite/aerial photogrammetry; medical imaging; computational chemistry; complex modeling visualization and computer gaming."

http://www.inition.co.uk/inition/product.php?URL_=product_stereovis_planar_sd1710&SubCatID_=0

found it when I was looking for possible UK suppliers of the Planar 26"

Back