Random reboot problems... (minidumps attached)

Arseface

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been having problems with random reboots. This problem has persisted over many recent hardware changes, and a format, so I'm having difficulty pinning it down. I generally get reboots roughly every couple of hours, but after one it seems much more likely that I will get another soon afterwards.

I've tried looking into the error codes in event viewer, and the minidumps, but I can't seem to run dumpchk.exe (a window opens for a split second, then dissappears). I was wondering whether someone could have a look at them for me? If someone could give me some indication of what has been causing these crashes I would be extremely grateful!

cheers

http://hyperupload.com/download/0f30a918/minidumps.zip.html

^^^(very sorry - you have to wait 30 seconds before you can get the file with this crappy upload service...)

Arseface said:
I've been having problems with random reboots. This problem has persisted over many recent hardware changes, and a format, so I'm having difficulty pinning it down.
If you PM Ranma_Sao he can debug the dump.

Outside that, the problem you describe is likely hardware, at a stab I'd guess the PSU. What hardware has remained the same from the time you have had this issue until now?

Also, regarding dumpchk opening and then flashing closed - try running it from a command prompt and see if that fixes the problem. I'd wager it's meant to be used from the console and so you need to pass it options, etc.

UMCPWintermute said:
Also, regarding dumpchk opening and then flashing closed - try running it from a command prompt and see if that fixes the problem. I'd wager it's meant to be used from the console and so you need to pass it options, etc.

Ah - thank you!

Yes - I can run dumpchk now :)

Now, I just need to learn to make sense of this info :p I think that being able to read minidumps would be a useful tool for the future though, so it's worth doing.

Thank you :)

The odd thing is, though, that it will run memtest all nigh no problems (it's built into my DFI BIOS). Could it be a cache memory issue with the CPU?

Back