random restarts and lockups

gotchya

n00b
ok.....i'm running everything at stock speeds, and i recently reformatted my computer. I was getting random restarts and lockups during games before i reformatted, and i's still happening

what could the problem be? i have all the latest drivers for everything...i'm stumped:confused:

Is your PC dusty inside?
Check and clean the fans for gfx card, cpu and motherboard.

Is your PC dusty inside?
Check and clean the fans for gfx card, cpu and motherboard.
yea its dusty now, but i've cleaned it several times (most recently about a month ago)....and it still would freeze and restart on me

Take the fans off the heatsinks where possible and give everything a really good clean.
Heat is your enemy and is a strong suspect here.

Download Memtest+ V.170, unzip it, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP install CD. Let Memtest+ run for at least three hours on each stick of RAM separately. If you start seeing errors, than your RAM is bad.

Download Memtest+ V.170, unzip it, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP install CD. Let Memtest+ run for at least three hours on each stick of RAM separately. If you start seeing errors, than your RAM is bad.
i don't have time to run memtest for 6 hours.....i need it for school :(

Back