Random Restarts, Need Help Fast!!!

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
Today I was on my computer at my house, I played some WoW and then searched some websites and checked me email, my friend called me up and wanted me to come over with my computer, I am now at his house on his laptop because my computer no longer works, Everything was working find at the start. I hooked it all up, pluuged into his network and started up the computer and began to play WoW, I must have been playing for almost 30 min and then i got some very bad lag where i couldnt move and i was stuck, about 10seconds later my computer restarted. I didnt know what was going on. I booted up and my keyboard or mouse wasnt working so i couldnt log into windows through the boot screen. So i manually restarted. The keyboard and mouse then started to work. I logged into windows and everything started to boot up just fine. Then I went to close an AIM pop up and my computer froze, i then manually turned it off and let it sat for about 1 min. I then turned it on and the keyboard and mouse didnt work. so i manually restarted and it worked, I logged in and then it froze again. Did the same thing and the stupid computer did the same, no keyboard or mouse and then restarted and froze. My computer specs are in my profile. I have no idea whats going on, can someone give me some idea on what is going on? Is it a hardware problem like its not getting enough power from the PSU or something isnt being recieved throught the motherboard? Not enough memory?

Someone please help me!

First I would check to make sure all the fans are still working properly in your machine. If they are then I would think you're right in suspecting the PSU to be faulty. I've had more headaches with bad power supplies lately that I always point a finger at them first. If you have a spare PSU sitting around, try to run your computer with that. Even a cheap power supply will work for testing.

If the problem still persists, I'd underclock the computer, boot into safe mode, and do a system restore.

My friend told me it is prolly the PSU, hes has a antec 550 true control hes gunna let me have and put in. I will keep you guys updated. It wont prolly be in til tomorrow

DRJ1014 said:
My friend told me it is prolly the PSU, hes has a antec 550 true control hes gunna let me have and put in. I will keep you guys updated. It wont prolly be in til tomorrow

You have a hell of a friend.

yeah, he has a xps gen 3, he sold his other computer for 500 dollars, it was a abit nf7-s 2600 barton 650 enermax PSU 9800xt ati water cooled 1g corsair

he is a very good friend one of the best friends i have had

i put in the PSU and it seems to be working very good, now hes going around saying i told you so :p

Back