Random set of 5 double-beeps while in Windows

SEALTeamSix

2[H]4U
So, yesterday while in Windows Vista x64 (not at startup), my system started emitting a series of 5 double-beeps (short beeps, 10 in total) at random. Sometimes they are as frequent as 10 mins apart, other times it will run much longer between beeping. It's definitely not coming from the speakers, rather the system itself. I haven't seen any affect on system performance, and it doesn't seem to be caused by an increase in system load.

First off, system specs:
---
Q6600
OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU cooler (very good cooler)
P6N Diamond
2x4gb Corsair DDR2-800
WD500AAKS Hard Drive (system disk)
2x750gb Seagate HDD's (storage disks)
ATi HD4850
Antec Earthwatts 500w PSU
Sonata 3 case
---
More Info:

1) I'm not overclocked, everything at stock voltage/speed
2) System stable under Prime95 (4 threads, small FFTs)
3) Everest reports the cores idling at around 25*c, when I load Prime95 the cores end up at around 45*c (well within thermal limits)
4) Graphics card is hot (80-85*c idle), but it has always run at this temp for the past 6 months (and ATi claims it's not a problem)
5) Voltage reports to be within ATX spec (3.30V, 4.97V, 12.23V)
6) No recent driver or system changes (at least that I'm aware of)

Okay [H], any ideas?

A 4850 at 80-85c IDLE is VERY bad. More than likely is your GPU driver crashing from overheating, and/or downstepping the clock speed.
Have you looked at upgrading your drivers to take care of the fan problem?
@ 85c idle, it is terrible. 85c load is within spec but not by much (IIRC high end is 95c when it starts to limit itself.)

- Reseat the RAM
- Download Memtest+ v2.10 or whatever the latest version is, unzip it, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP install CD. Let Memtest+ run for at least three hours on each stick of RAM separately as well as test the RAM together. Go for a full 24 hours if you want to be completely sure that the RAM is not a problem. If you start seeing errors, than your RAM is defective or you have incorrect settings for the RAM.

Back