Rate my mobile 2400 based on build #

Unoid

[H]ard|Gawd
Since the search feature is disable its kidn ahrd finding this info out.

For those who're up to date can you comparativly tell me how well this proccessor will perform, It'l be on water, danger den style.

cpu%20model.jpg

thats what I have to the letter

Running right now 12x200, prime95 stable forever, 37C full load 28C ambient

Originally posted by kronchev
thats what I have to the letter

Running right now 12x200, prime95 stable forever, 37C full load 28C ambient

You should really give that thing more voltage. My year old 2100+ is doing 2.5 ghz right now @1.92V.

You've got a watercooling setup, pump some more power through that chip.

Originally posted by Giblet Plus!
You should really give that thing more voltage. My year old 2100+ is doing 2.5 ghz right now @1.92V.

I should. Max my board can do stock is 1.825v I believe and 2.5 isnt stable at that. if I mod it I can probabily put the volts higher...but I like being under 40C full load. I'll get the OCing itch soon enough (they have a cream for it now I hear) and push it something horrowshow. I just wish my IQYFA 2500+ still worked, that thing had huge potentional.

/edit: right after I posted that it jumped to 40C for a split second. no rest for the wicked I guess...

Originally posted by kronchev
but I like being under 40C full load.

why if i might ask? plan to pass this cpu on to your grandchildren? lol just curious.

I've got the exact some stepping and i can run stable at 2525mhz at 1.85v. I can play games just fine at 2600mhz, but prime95 fails.

This is sounding promising...

My dfi infinity can pump out 2.0V v-core. even with watercooling I'm not sure if I wanna go voer 1.9V what u guys think?
its like x-mas eve waiting for the next morning to unwrap!

got my goddies rdy to be slapped together, I'm waiting on some clearflex, mounting hardware and water additive from dangerden thats arriving tomarrow!.

partslaidout.jpg

Originally posted by Giblet Plus!

water or not high voltage will cut the chips life down due to electromigration....cooling has NOTHING to do with it.
on a side note i hope to get near 2.4 on my new 2400+m

Originally posted by BrainC0DE
why if i might ask? plan to pass this cpu on to your grandchildren? lol just curious.

its just so I can gloat about watercooling. thing is I get about the temps I have now with a SK-7 and a YS Tech screaming fan, but of course at a terrible more amount of noise.

Also I cant push the vcore too much...if I get a glut of money somehow Ill definitly invest in a Lanparty or the one that isnt stupid and glowy (forget the name).

the DFI Infinity you mean, the one I got. Most people advise them if overclocking an nforce 2.

btw I got a 9600pro also, and I'm a master of ET too!

Originally posted by Unoid
the DFI Infinity you mean, the one I got. Most people advise them if overclocking an nforce 2.

btw I got a 9600pro also, and I'm a master of ET too!

yeh the Infinity...gotta get one of those, reportadly I can get 2.6 at 1.9v

and I only have a non pro 9600...plus that one died so I just bought the xtasy model which has 256 megs ram instead of 128...I get 9k in 3dmark2k1 now.

and im pissed off at ET, im not playing it till I calm down, I got banned from one of the #technolust servers by an asshole admin

check me out if u wanan talk: gamesurge.net #502nd

maybe we can shoot the breeze and talk about mobile athlons or something lol.

Originally posted by Unoid
check me out if u wanan talk: gamesurge.net #502nd

maybe we can shoot the breeze and talk about mobile athlons or something lol.

i am in but do not see you :confused:

/edit: OK i do, but youre not responding :p

Well got everyhting setup ghetto style watercooling and all..

Its fruating how the board reboots. might be some kind of bug becuase it tends to stall for a few seconds occasionally wehn rebooting. and sometimes the hardrive dies then kicks back in on reboots?

I'm having trobule finding a good FSB to run my memory at.
KHX 3000 2-2-2-6
I would have thought it would easily run 200mhz at 3.0volt at 2-2-2-6.
but not really.

I've memtested too many times so I'm passing on finding the fsb spot.

Now I got my vcore set to 2.0V and 'm prime95'in. load temps are at almost 45C atm. 166x15=2500mhz. I'm jsut running the mem at 2-2-2-6 at 166mhz also.

anyone got any good advice for ocing the fsb with a dfi infinity? such as which timings to loosen first etc...

thanks.

kronchev why can't you raise Vcore further than 1.825? I have the same board as you and I am able to raise it past 2.0V (even though I don't because my cooling isn't good enough).

As for electro-migration, good cooling doesn't stop it but delays it. I doubt many of us are going to keep it for like 4+ years. Running 2.0V+ with effective mosfet, nb, sb, and cpu cooling should be fine.

I just got my stuff in on Sat and cant wait to get back up to school to try it out.

although mine is different by one letter, an F at the end instead of an M

IMG_2334.jpg

along with it, i got a pair of Kingston Hyper-X PC3000 , a DFI Infinity, and an SLK900 :D

Back