Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Other, pls say which.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Other
Steelseries 6Gv2
Filco
Das Keyboard

Go mechanical and never look back. Worth every penny.

No ty,

I want a good looking keyboard.

So ty for the reply but no.

I want to buy a keyboard that would be cheap, around the price of arctosa or x4, no mechanical keyboards, i like the keyboards of logitech, microsoft and razer.

If anyone can help pls vote and post.

If you don't want a mechanical, I was once partial to a certain Logitech Illuminated. Nicest scissor-action I've used, and pretty lights to boot.

I'm a fan of the Microsoft X6. Remove the num pad and you have a great low profile gaming keyboard.

I came from using a Razer Reclusa.

Depends what you want the keyboard for, but if it is for gaming there is no comparsion in my opinion.

I bought a Razer Lycosa (Similar to Arctosa I believe) and returned it a week later due to the fact that I could not press the key combinations I wanted due to the roll over limitations on the board.

I bought a Sidewinder X4 to replace it and am very happy with it.

I can only compare the "higher end" razer product the Lycosa as I have owned both but my comparisons are as follows.

1: LED backlighting - X4 better in my opinion.

The Lycosa LED backlighting was extremely weak and useless in a daylight scenario where it was difficult to see the keys
Probably preferred the Lycosa blue lighting over the red of the sidewinder though.

2: Keys - Personal preference here I think.

The Lycosa keys are lower profile which I found not to my liking, although they had quite a nice rubberized feel.

The x4 keys are slightly smaller which takes a little bit of getting used to but I have already adjusted and in general they provide a nice typing experience.

3: Macros - Maybe Lycosa shades it.

The main reason I bought the Lycosa was as each key could be configured as a macro key.

In saying that I could never get the macros involving mouse clicks to work as I wanted, however probably user error here.

The sidewinder X4 macro keys are dedicated, and work as expected.

4: Other issues - X4 much better here.

Lycosa had a few.

i: Backlighting

This would just turn off at random moments.

ii: Touchpanel control of profiles/ lighting/ media

The control of the above via a touchpanel on the keyboard was a bad idea in my opinion as it could be either too sensitive or not sensitive enough.

iii: The big one, key rollover

2KRO, ie I found numerous situations in gaming when I had say the a and w key depressed at the same time and could not press a third key unless I realeased one of the others, this was the reason the board was unusable to me. (Please note the X6 is also 2KRO so I could never use it either)

The Sidewinder X4 does as advertised, it has ben rock solid thus far.

So in conclusion I would say that if key rollover is not an issue for you, then it may be down to personal preference however if it is then the X4 is a good choice.

If you have any other queries about the X4 please ask and I'll let you know.

Thank You all for your replys

I order it, when the keyboard arrive i will say something.

Ty
Ward3vil

PS.: ty for your comparison so complete arc2

after owning a razer keyboard for over a year now, BUY the microsoft keyboard. friggin hate this pos Razer Lycosa keyboard. cant even read the keys anymore they are just plastic keys with a blue LED shining through them. at one time they were all black with letters cut out on them.

Arc2 i have that same problem and this board is suppose to bypass the 3 key limiter thing. it worked for about a week i think and has never worked since. i think i might of done a firmware update then that killed it but cant remember.

1: LED backlighting - X4 better in my opinion.

The Lycosa LED backlighting was extremely weak and useless in a daylight scenario where it was difficult to see the keys
Probably preferred the Lycosa blue lighting over the red of the sidewinder though.

its the opposite for me. the backlight on my lycosa is to damn bright and even more so now that all the keys are completely blank.

Back