Razer mamba questions

cyberslag5k

Limp Gawd
I bought a Razer Mamba on ebay and I'm noticing a couple of things that have me concerned. I'm wondering if these are just problems with the Razer, or if they're because the mouse is used.

First, the mouse becomes unresponsive for a brief period of time if it is ever lifted up, even slightly. I have an ExactMat, and if I use the speed side, there is a good 5 seconds before the mouse cursor will move again after being lifted up for any amount of time. The control side handles this much better, usually less than a second, but the delay is there. I frequently lift the mouse periodically, especially if I'm moving it a good amount of distance, and that delay is incredibly detrimental in a game. Is this a reality with Razer mice? Or is there a problem?

I've also noticed that the mouse's sensitivity is very poor for very short movements. My simple, logitech 3-button optical mouse reacts to the slightest movement, and moves smoothly at any speed. My Mamba sometimes misses very small movements, and doesn't move smoothly at very slow speeds. I've tried playing with the sensitivity and acceleration options, but nothing seems to help.

All of the above happens in both wired and wireless mode, and I have the latest firmware and drivers installed. I'm running Windows 7 x64, if that matters.

I've also noticed the occasional stutter when wireless. Not sure if that happens wired or not, but I don't recall it happening.

Are these things that I've described indicative of the Razer Mamba? Or do they suggest that the mouse that I've bought is defective in some way? I kind of hope that it is defective, because while I do like a lot of things about the Mamba, I feel like my cheap $15 logitech mouse performs better.

Sounds like either the mouse mat, or the sensor, or a combination. Do you get any of these problems on a different surface? Try as many different surfaces as you can so you can get a feel for the level of the issues.

Good call. I don't have the lift problems on just the regular table. It's odd because that's a Razer mouse pad.

Not sure about the sensitivity. I'll use it a bit more.

Thanks, RealityCrunch!

It's possible it's still the mouse, only way to know for sure would be to test a different Mamba on that same mouse mat. However, the original version of the Mamba only has a laser sensor (iirc) so won't track well on some surfaces (experienced this a lot with Laser mice back when I was using an IceMat).

I've had this mouse for over 6 weeks now, I was a pre-order and got it extremely early. The mouse is phenomenal so far, but it is VERY sensitive. I run it at 5600dpi, and when trying to double click sometimes at this dpi you will move the cursor between clicks. It just takes a little getting used to.. I came from a 2000dpi mouse. Once you are accustomed to its sensitivity it isn't much of a problem for day to day operations but keep one thing in mind: this mouse is built and designed for FPS, and that is what it is best at.

This means its not good for windows work? I"m looking at this mouse too,for beeying a very precise wireless mouse. Gaming might not be my main interest,something to precise and fast on a 30" screen.

This means its not good for windows work? I"m looking at this mouse too,for beeying a very precise wireless mouse. Gaming might not be my main interest,something to precise and fast on a 30" screen.

To be honest, while the mouse is growing on me, I still feel like I'm faster and more precise with my simple logitech 400 DPI optical mouse. I'm seeing some real advantages in gaming, and the more I use the mouse, the fewer problems I have, and I've probably only put like 5 hours onto it, but in that time, I've found that my regular mouse was better for every day use.

Again, though, I'm just getting acclimated, after using only logitech 3-button opticals for like 10 years.

Good. I like the feel quite a bit. The only things I don't like about it, physically, I think all have to do with how I hold it: the amount of pressure to press the wheel button, the location of the farther thumb button, and I have a habbit of right-clicking when I don't mean to. I suspect all of these things will get better with time.

You can adjust it's sensitivity, from 100 dpi to 6400 dpi. If the mouse is too sensitive, or not sensitive enough, simply adjust.

Back