RB951G-2HnD vs TL-WDR3600 vs ??

psyside

2[H]4U
Hi guys what is better router then from this 2, and why? did anyone own/ tested the Mikro tik? what wired speed you get? i found that wDR3600 is topping at 950Mbps wan > lan, what about the RB951G-2HnD, they are same price, and i don't know what should i get.

I want to get as much speed as possible i will be using this router for a long time, thanks.

Also anything better for the same or even cheaper price? thanks.

Two separate beasts if you ask me. Performance would probably be heavily dependent on your settings with Mikrotik products as they are fully fledged firewall/routers. I'd probably say the RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN is what you'd want. Looks like it has the exact same chip found in the WDR3600 if that's the kind of performance you're looking for. Although to be fair they both kind of look the same just the latter is more specific after looking up the WDR3600's chip.

Once this gets moved to the Networking Forum I'm pretty sure one of the MikroTech's will be able to give you some better numbers.

Also anything better for the same or even cheaper price? thanks.

Edge Router Lite :D

Thanks for your answer, sadly i never saw a review or test for the 2HnD, wired speed that is, but i saw for the WDR3600, it tops out WAN>LAN at over 950mbps, now does the 2HnD achieve this speeds? how is the wireless signal on it? does it also support 2 bands and simultaneous transfer like the WDR3600? thanks once again.

P.S. Mods please move this in the network forums :)

Keep in mind that these numbers are with hardware NAT enabled, some things like SIP tends to break using it so don't expect that you can use hardware NAT acceleration.
The TP-Link will have less functionality than the Mikrotik out of the box but running OpenWRT on it will give you about the same functionality. OpenWRT doesn't use hardware NAT at all as it would involve ugly hacking of the network related subsystem according to the devs.
//Danne

Dizzy/Danne, can you make it a bit more simple for network noob like me, if i like best wan > lan speeds and best wi-fi reception, what should i pick? thanks :)

Bump, i will be getting one of this in few hours, i need help urgent!

Back