RCA out sound.

Corvette

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a radio for Christmas with Cd changer subwoofer and decent quality, it also plays MP3's, but I would like to use it to play sound from my computer as well. It has RCA jacks and I would have to use them.

So the question is. What is the best way to get RCA sound out of my computer? Is there a way to get the pure sound and let the radio do the amping? And can it be done cheaply?

I have been using headphones for two years now (Sony MDR-700 on the cheap, open box at Best Buy, I know you guys hate them so no comment please) and I am out of the loop so to say.

Vette

Yea, that's exactly what you need. I personally have my stereo hooked up with one of those cables and it works well, much better than any computer speakers I've owned.

Depending on how much you want to spend Radioshack has some really nice ones. The one I got is quite thick compared to some of the cheaper cables. I'm sure there is more shielding to prevent interference etc. but they are also far more durable than those cheap thin ones which always seem to develop a loose connection.

i also use these in my setup. i wouldnt say that theyre better than a computer speaker setup (assuming you have decent speakers not $10 from wally world) but you said that you wanted to do it cheaply

Back