RCA to mini jack audio problem

RedLegos

n00b
I have a PS3 and PS2 and have been trying to get audio from my Klipsch 2.1 computer speakers. I am using component cables and run the 2 RCA cables to the minijack to the auxiliary input in the speakers. I am only hearing sound out of the right speaker which it plugs into, only the white input is getting sound. I can plug the red or white in there and get sound, but nothing works in the red input in the mini jack plug. I have an Audigy 2 sound card, which unfortunately does not have any optical input. Any ideas on what this could be? Is there some setting I have to change or could the mini jack converter be faulty? This is the first time I have used it. Thanks

Make sure your RCA to MiniJack has two strips on the minijack end not just one (mono sound).

Yeah its got the 2 strips. Actually I just noticed if I jam it in there and hold it a certain way it comes out both speakers perfectly. If i let go it might only come out 1 or none. I can't seem to get it to put out sound without manually holding it in place a certain way. I need to apply constant pressure to keep it working

I don't expect any solutions to this, seems like some weird kind of problem with the speaker pod. I have heard however that it is possible to get an optical input with the Audigy 2 using the this

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=13&subcategory=55&product=1780

I read however that I'd have to use a pin trick to enable decoding on my Audigy 2? I couldn't find anything off google so if anyone knows about this solution and could toss some advice my way I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Are their settings for the PS3/2 that let you change the audio to 2.1 instead of 5.1? You might have it set on the playstation itself. Just a thought....i dont own a home system like that, just PC.

Back