RDS (Terminal Server) woes

Hi everyone,
I posted about this a couple of weeks ago but wanted to start a new thread to see keep it fresh. I also know this is slightly OS related but I figured as a network service this is probably the best place. So anyway, looking for some ideas.

The setup is two servers, one is 2008 r2 running as a DC/DNS for AD. also running file shares for the network. The second is a 2012 server running as RDS in a terminal server setup. Everything running fine performance wise with plenty of overhead and MS support saying its all fine. Around 30-40 users a day.

Network connectivity at the core is an two HP 1910 switches a 48 port an 16 port Gigabit. The servers all being connected in single connection to the gigabit ports no VLANS or QoS at this point.Users all have laptops using WiFi on UniFi access points mainly dell laptops all with windows 7 and with only the RDP client and skype on them. Locked down so they cant do anything except those two icons and shut the laptop down.

So this is where it gets fun, we have two main issues the first being the cursour moving while users type. This isn't an issue for everyone but certainly the majority and we cant pin it to one model of laptop as its all over on different specs. Suspect the trackpads are partial on this issue but its moving way too much to be just that as users are ending up typing in the font box when writing emails. Ping times are all ok with only 2-4 ms and the odd spike but what I would expect on wireless but we also see this on cabled connections.

The second issue is a lag while typing which I think could have a simillar cause as above but again network times are all good and we also see this on cables.

So what would you guys be looking at, Drivers have been checked updates installed network inspected moved from wifi to cable and got MS looking over the servers with no signs of why this is going on.

So any ideas?

Has it always experienced this problem?
On the network, look for dropped packets or errors. On the server, try toggling tcp autotuning settings or disable tcpip taskoffload(Windows or the NIC driver)

Yes although it seems fine on some systems.
No sign of drops in any logs and will look into the settings

Back