Realtek HD codec audio sucks?

BoostFrenzy

Weaksauce
Just went from nforce2 to IP35 with onboard realtek hdaudio outputting to reciever via ycable like usual, when i adjust the eq and get it sounding good low frequences (bass) reduce the overall volume level... fix for this? eq and environment are disabled in the realtek control panel wtf

yes it not as good as a sound card, but it worked fine for me in digital til my predule came. try toying with the bass redirection or whatever it called. and toy with the hz . and see if that fix your bas problems.

If not then buy a DD live card .

I don't understand the issue, or maybe I just need more information.

Of course the analog jacks for the Realtek codec cannot compete with a discrete separate sound card.

However, the digital side of the onboard solution(optical) will be pretty decent. Don't expect a miracle from an onboard solution, that is why they have pci and pci-e solutions. If you are using the digital connection to a receiver for home theater usage, then let your receiver do the work.

i've always used analog outputs to a 2 channel onkyo reciever and jbl sudio speakers, however with this board i notice if i increase the low/high end within the application, when the bass hits for instance, the ENTIRE volume level/gain decreases, basically say i'm listening to a techno song with the low end increased via media player the ENTIRE volume level will decrease for that bass hit... until it's finished... it's not uniform at all, i've tried to compensate by keeping hte volume levels low in the application / windows, but regardless heavy bass hits will reduce the overall volume

never had this issue before, a dedicated sound card might be the solution... just funny all my legacy "crap" onboard audio never had this issue

That one is a little odd as it sounds like a limiter which I didn't know was included or used within this chipset.

I however don't use the application EQ as it would not be as good as the one on my pre/processor. I don't want anything to add noise or color to my audio signals until they are at the pre/pro.

I am guessing that the onkyo you are using does not support a digital input?

Back