Reasons to go iPhone

I've seen the top reasons to go Android posted here.
What about from the iPhone users perspective?

Here's what we have:

1. Stable OS

2. Superior battery life

3. Superior touchscreen performance

4. More apps (with developer support)

5. Superior customer service

6. Better resale value

7. More quality accessories

Last edited:
1. As of iOS5, NO ITUNES REQUIRED. Thank fuck, I think I'd have to strangle the next end-user wanting iTunes and its bi-weekly updates installed on their corporate PC.

For me?

1. It's a stable OS
2. The screen actually responds to my touches
3. It doesn't randomly reboot
4. The UI doesn't look like shit
5. The battery lasts longer than 20 minutes.

And here come the people to call me an idiot that doesn't know how to use a phone.

Screw you guys. I don't want to tinker with my fucking phone, I want it to work...and I don't want to carry a tablet in my pocket...that means the screen is big enough for me.

I've been using my 3GS for over two years now, and I am pretty disappointed with this 4S nonsense. To be fair, SIRI looks really cool (and yes, more advanced than what is on Android). Everything else, however, looks like it is behind the times. How could they spend this long just to throw in a better camera module and a processor which was already developed?

I was expecting a 4" screen at least. Not sure if I should switch to WP7 or Android now.

I've been using my 3GS for over two years now, and I am pretty disappointed with this 4S nonsense. To be fair, SIRI looks really cool (and yes, more advanced than what is on Android). Everything else, however, looks like it is behind the times. How could they spend this long just to throw in a better camera module and a processor which was already developed?

I was expecting a 4" screen at least. Not sure if I should switch to WP7 or Android now.

I've never used a Windows phone, but I've used Android and iOS...either stay on iOS or go try WP7...but stay the hell away from Android.

1. As of iOS5, NO ITUNES REQUIRED. Thank fuck, I think I'd have to strangle the next end-user wanting iTunes and its bi-weekly updates installed on their corporate PC.
That is not a reason to get an iOS phone over an Android or a WP7... that's just a reason to update to iOS5 asap when it gets rolled out.

As for reason to get iOS over Android or a WP7,
1. More apps with proven developer support
2. Apple's customer service is one of the best
3. iPhones has the best resale value
4. Best accessories (also note that all those propietary cords you already got from Apple or other 3rd party AV companies you can still use it)
5. You can pretend to be cool...

I've never used a Windows phone, but I've used Android and iOS...either stay on iOS or go try WP7...but stay the hell away from Android.
Just cause you made an uneducated purchase on an Android, doesn't mean that other people will have the same experience.

P.S. You got that iPod touch and use VoIP on it yet?

OEM is still crying about not being able to use a non-apple smartphone. Hilarity.

For me?

1. It's a stable OS
2. The screen actually responds to my touches
3. It doesn't randomly reboot
4. The UI doesn't look like shit
5. The battery lasts longer than 20 minutes.

And here come the people to call me an idiot that doesn't know how to use a phone.

Screw you guys. I don't want to tinker with my fucking phone, I want it to work...and I don't want to carry a tablet in my pocket...that means the screen is big enough for me.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I am getting the new iPhone.

Reasons why I might go iPhone...

1. Stable OS and applications.
2. Much larger selection of applications.
3. Good battery life.
4. Smooth performance from the UI.
5. Well designed and easy UI.
6. Massive selection of third party accessories.

Still staying with Android, but these would be the iPhone's most compelling reasons to get me to switch.

Reasons why I might go iPhone...

1. Stable OS and applications.
2. Much larger selection of applications.
3. Good battery life.
4. Smooth performance from the UI.
5. Well designed and easy UI.
6. Massive selection of third party accessories.

Still staying with Android, but these would be the iPhone's most compelling reasons to get me to switch.

Couple more to add to my list...

7. Music Match. Being able to match all your MP3s up with high quality music from iTunes for only $25 a year sounds like a pretty nice deal (almost sounds too nice).
8. iCloud, the tight cloud integration into the OS appears very well done.

Here's what we have:

1. Stable OS

2. Superior battery life

4. More apps (with developer support)

5. Superior customer service

6. Better resale value

1. OS4 on my 3G was the buggiest piece of shit this side of the first few months of Battlefield 2.

2. Not with OS4.

3. Not with OS4.

4. Sure did. Couldn't use most of em with OS4. Granted, I couldn't really use my phone either...

5. My feelings on apple customer service are well known.

6. Got a hundred bucks for my 3G, so yeah, I'll give ya that. I coulda sold it for twice that but I need to sleep at night and selling a post-OS4 phone that had been rolled back to 3.1.3 but still had issues, well, that would've messed with my conciense.

7. 3rd party accessories worked fine and were 1/3 the cost of genuine apple bullshit. Seriously, $20 for the little fucking cube AC adapter? Gimme a break.

Bottom line, reasons to go apple: ZERO.

If you don't want to tinker, get a WP7. I'm going on a year now and not one issue with my Focus. It's still as fast as it was the day I unboxed the damn thing.

1. OS4 on my 3G was the buggiest piece of shit this side of the first few months of Battlefield 2.

2. Not with OS4.

3. Not with OS4.

4. Sure did. Couldn't use most of em with OS4. Granted, I couldn't really use my phone either...

6. Got a hundred bucks for my 3G, so yeah, I'll give ya that. I coulda sold it for twice that but I need to sleep at night and selling a post-OS4 phone that had been rolled back to 3.1.3 but still had issues, well, that would've messed with my conciense.

7. 3rd party accessories worked fine and were 1/3 the cost of genuine apple bullshit. Seriously, $20 for the little fucking cube AC adapter? Gimme a break.

If you don't want to tinker, get a WP7. I'm going on a year now and not one issue with my Focus. It's still as fast as it was the day I unboxed the damn thing.

Battery life on the iphone 4 is amazing I don't know what you are talking about. Using the 3g as an example as stupid because the battery was not near as good.

And WP7 are terrible, I don't know how you could choose that over IOS.

Battery life on the iphone 4 is amazing I don't know what you are talking about. Using the 3g as an example as stupid because the battery was not near as good.

How is WP7 terrible? It seems to be pretty well-liked by people who own it.

Well I'll never own an iPhone 4 4s or 5 so I can't give you personal experience, but a coworker has an iPhone 4 and we get similar battery life doing similar things.

And WP7 is like greased lightning, its incredibly fast and responsive.

agreed, like you said "How could they spend this long just to throw in a better camera module and a processor which was already developed?"

The iPhone4S is a major letdown of epic proportions. After 16 months they release a new phone in the same case, with the same dimensions, the same small screen, the same thickness ( actually slightly heavier now ), minor OS updates that should have been there in iOS3, no 4G, no 4" display, no LED Notification Light.

Not trying to be rude, but is Apple for real here ? Or is it April Fools, and they will announce the real iPhone5 tomorrow, because I just can't believe that Apple spent 16 months, with the biggest gap between iPhone release in history, just on this minor spec'd bump iPhone4S, it does not make sense. There has to be some secret story to what happened to the "true" iPhone5 none of us know about ?

Last edited:
The iPhone has bigger GBs.

Weird, without micro SD expandable storage, I generally think storage capacity as more of a con for the iPhone or at least neutral factor. You can now get a 64GB iPhone 4S, but you can get a 32GB Android phone with 32GB micro SD card and supplement it with as many 32GB SD cards as you want.

Weird, without micro SD expandable storage, I generally think storage capacity as more of a con for the iPhone or at least neutral factor. You can now get a 64GB iPhone 4S, but you can get a 32GB Android phone with 32GB micro SD card and supplement it with as many 32GB SD cards as you want.

It was a joke reference ;).

But which Android phone out right now has 32 GBs of internal storage? Also, GL keeping track of multiple microSD cards, lol. If you store those in anything except the device you want to use it in, then they tend to vanish without warning.

Not that I'm defending the iPhone, I never plan on using one as my personal phone. I'm stuck on Android even though my Droid can't run 2.2+ for crap anymore. I can't wait for the Prime.

....nice fan boi'ism on these 3:

1) I've yet to have Android crash on me, and i'm running it on an HD2 (not a native Android device...), please elaborate
3) This is just nonsense and bull shit marketing, especially since touch screen performance is all relative to the user....
7) Again....uhhh, i have not noticed the lack of "quality" accessories for Android devices, if anything there are more shitty accessories for iDevices because of their market share dominance....

Here's what we have:

1. Stable OS

All that I can take from the numerous threads I've read on Android v iPhone is that there is no clear winner. There are Apple fanboys and there are Android fanboys. Both teams have great things to say about their device. At the end of the day it will come down to personal preference and the specific features that mean more to the user.

I myself am undecided. I have a 3GS that I'm ready to replace and all I know is that no matter what I choose it will already be obsolete in a year or so. The technology is advancing so rapidly that the next best thing will be out before you've had time to get to know your shiny new phone!

its comparing apples and oranges trying to compare android and the iphone.

Iphone has its own market share, which generally consists of dumb and ignorant consumers and you have the androidmarket share, which is generally for people who dont want to get butt raped by AT&T or buy into the software prison that is iOS.

each has their own consumers and i believe it should stay that way. I for one do not want to be associated with many of the people who purchase iPhones.....I personally know a few of those people as well.....

EDIT: please take notice of how I refrained from using words like ALL and EVERYONE, as I know there are exceptions. so please keep any rage about how you do not fit into category A or category B out of your post.

2. Not with OS4.

3. Not with OS4.

that's where you went wrong...nobody should ever update 4.0 on their 3g phone..the thing is an antique and only 3.1.2 is stable enough to run it. Why did you upgrade to 4.0 anyway?

The one and only reason i have an i phone and will buy another is the fact when i break the screen i ran replace it for $15 and 30 minutes of my time... Every HTC and some samsungs i have worked on are a complete nightmare to replace screens, batteries, etc.

that's where you went wrong...nobody should ever update 4.0 on their 3g phone..the thing is an antique and only 3.1.2 is stable enough to run it. Why did you upgrade to 4.0 anyway?

Because apple stated it was compatible with the 3G. All I wanted were app folders and the ability to zoom my camera, and apple said the 3G would handle that like a champ.

I'm dying to see what OS5 will do to a 3GS. I'm betting it won't be pretty, and we'll see a lot of forced upgrades to the 4s because of it...

The one and only reason i have an i phone and will buy another is the fact when i break the screen i ran replace it for $15 and 30 minutes of my time... Every HTC and some samsungs i have worked on are a complete nightmare to replace screens, batteries, etc.

explain(in PM)

Back