Rebuilding the V2000-tri loop (pic heavy)

Hey guys... I'm back for my rebuild.For those who don't know and wondering why i pulling such a new build apart,I can thank dye build up for that.

So i pulled my rig apart last night drained all my loops and cleaned out all my blocks,rads,etc.

And while my system is down i decided to change/add/remove things to come up with a new and improved tri-loop.Will be logging all my progress here... :up:

Ok so like i said i cleaned my system took it apart (sorry no pics of this a bit boring really)

I got my bitpower 3/8 5/8 1/8 wall fittings and few other bit's and piece's

Ok so here are some pic's of my blocks,rads and pumps with the new fittings:

newpcpics019.jpg

newpcpics016.jpg

newpcpics017.jpg

newpcpics014.jpg

newpcpics020.jpg

newpcpics021.jpg

newpcpics035.jpg

newpcpics034.jpg

I was disappointed that i couldn't fit these fittings on my fuzion cpu block or my ek 680i and nf4 rev 1.1 block :( well i can fit 1 lol

newpcpics024.jpg

(pictured all my blocks,pumps,rads mcr120,220 and 320) Still waiting on ek supreme, 680i mofset block part2 another ddc 3.2 w/top a few bp fittings and tygon r3400 black tubing :)

newpcpics037.jpg

As you can see the mirror finish i originally did is still ok ( just needs a couple more buff job's to get it back to what it was)

newpcpics041.jpg

Pic's of my now empty v2000

newpcpics051.jpg

newpcpics054.jpg

newpcpics056.jpg

That's all for now guys... :)

UPDATE:

Ek supreme came in today a few shot's sexy sexy block :)

Adamsworklog001.jpg

Adamsworklog003.jpg

Adamsworklog006.jpg

Adamsworklog016.jpg

Adamsworklog017.jpg

Adamsworklog020.jpg

Adamsworklog022.jpg

Ain't she a beaut! hoping it performs well !

Blocks mounted

Waiting on second ek g80 wb and #2 mofset block (ek supreme isn't mounted dry mount)

Adamsworklog023.jpg

Adamsworklog025.jpg

Adamsworklog027.jpg

Adamsworklog028.jpg

Adamsworklog031.jpg

Adamsworklog033.jpg

Adamsworklog040.jpg

Adamsworklog046.jpg

Adamsworklog047.jpg

NEW UPDATE!!!!

Ok i'm back build is coming along slowly,Sorry for the lack of updates have been sick with the flu.

So i mounted all three rads and figuring out places for the pumps,res etc.i Decided to remove the bay res's and to go for either the micro res or ek 150,I'm leaning towards to the micro res atm due to smaller form factor.

Some pics!!

mcr120 mounted used the originally 120 fan bracket that came with case took out the dust filter and changed out the screws very easy mod

Adamsworklog048.jpg

mcr220 mounted (no fans mounted yet)

Adamsworklog051.jpg

topside (had to expand the original cut)

Adamsworklog055.jpg

Was originally going to use my ultra kaze on the mcr220 but they where thick (38mm) so i will have to switch out to a couple yate loon
This is the clearance i'm working with a standard 120mm fan.About 2mm clearance very close to the gfx card.Had to check because i will be running sli.

Adamsworklog057.jpg

Adamsworklog058.jpg

mcr320 mounted.Just drilled the hole to mount it through the mesh giving it a few inches of clearance from the case floor(I'm still contemplating if should cut the hole in the bottom) I'm not sure if the mcr320 will be gathering hot case air.But most probably will make the cut

Adamsworklog064.jpg

I put in the mobo just to see how everything will fit

Adamsworklog068.jpg

case from the front

Adamsworklog065.jpg

case from the side ( i will be mounting three hd's above the mcr320) Look close you see where that will be.I will be making or buying a couple of pump brackets to mount directly the hd cage.

Adamsworklog071.jpg

Couple of bling shots :) lol

Adamsworklog062.jpg

Woot

Adamsworklog052.jpg

SMALL UPDATE:

Build is slowly coming along,Lack of funds and other commitments has been keeping my busy lately,Anywho here's small update:

I swapped out my 3 x bayres's for 3 x swiftech mrcres due to smaller footprint,I wanted the use of the drive bays for the raptor mod :)

My solution to 3 x mcres in the drive bay's

Adamsworklog099.jpg

Adamsworklog105.jpg

Adamsworklog104.jpg

Adamsworklog106.jpg

Adamsworklog120.jpg

Everything looks good when it comes in 3's :)

Adamsworklog125.jpg

Adamsworklog127.jpg

Adamsworklog129.jpg

Received my second gtx off ebay,as you can see i stripped it down but dont have the 2nd ek fc block (Should get this week)

Adamsworklog132.jpg

Chucked on the dom ram fan (Was thinking of getting a ram block but didn't bother)

Adamsworklog145.jpg

Waiting for bitpower to release the adapters i need to fit my fittings on the chipset block they are still naked.

Adamsworklog143.jpg

My fav pic :)

Adamsworklog130.jpg

SMALL UPDATE

Another small update here guys.Added second gtx w/ek fc block for some sli action,Figuring out mcres position and i did a lil polishing.

Enjoy!!!
SLI . . .
Adamsworklog189.jpg

Adamsworklog191.jpg

Adamsworklog192.jpg

Res mounting ( i know it's not straight i'm working on it :) )

Adamsworklog195.jpg

bling?

Adamsworklog196.jpg

Here's How it's looking so far

Adamsworklog193.jpg

More updates soon!

THATS ALL FOR NOW ENJOY!!!

sorry for the large pics @ start of worklog...:eek:

all pics will be 800 x 600 from now on :D

looks really good. looking forward to seeing more pics.

Swiftech must love you. Good work.

Love the black RAM-sinks - does it void the warranty if you take of the big white stickers? If not they'd look even better without.

cheers guys..

@

Concentric what black ram sinks @ you talking about? if your talking about the ram yes warranty is void is you take the stickers off

more updates soon!

that ek supreme looks like a sexy block but the d-tek fusion will give you better temps and performance. The laminar to trubulent and back to laminar isn't quite done as well on the ek block as it is on the d-tek. Get a nozzel for the d-tek to make the water turbulent before it hits the copper in the middle of the water block for improved temps on the cpu
Very sexy build though. What tops are you using the the pumps?

Have you ever tried placing the rad thats in the bottom compartment on its side as opposed to flat ?

@phr0m

I have the d-tek fuzion and v2 i wanted to try something different.It is said that the supreme performs very well on quad cores

@ darkatom i had that setup before the tear down.Didn't like it.This way is alot easier to access fans etc in the bottom section for a routine clean.

@ coolchu001 cheers mate!

cheers guys..

@

Concentric what black ram sinks @ you talking about? if your talking about the ram yes warranty is void is you take the stickers off

more updates soon!

I just meant the Gskill mem covers/sinks/whatever-you-want-to-call-them were a nice choice for the colour scheme :p They are black right?... (colourblindness :confused:)

Can't wait for more pics :cool:

wow can't wait until your finished, nice job on the pics, gives me hard on the way you line up your pumps

Annaconda is my hero is my hero. <3

Nice job on that setup. What CPU block is that? Must be the flagship from EK, though I'm sure its very expensive.

Looking amazingly clean so far, keep it up can't wait for the final product ;) I also really like what you did with those three MCRES.

Looks cool, working on something along the same lines, albeit 2 two loops, 3 is a little overkill, but kudos noneless :), Don't tempt me :eek:, Can't wait until its finished.

What ram fan is that? Where may I obtain one? I like it.

What are the L shaped blocks for? rerouting? or just pumps? Based on sku, Its a pump, but I personally haven't seeing one of those before.

ps. How did you do the mirror finish?

Looks cool, working on something along the same lines, albeit 2 two loops, 3 is a little overkill, but kudos noneless :), Don't tempt me :eek:, Can't wait until its finished.

What ram fan is that? Where may I obtain one? I like it.

What are the L shaped blocks for? rerouting? or just pumps? Based on sku, Its a pump, but I personally haven't seeing one of those before.

ps. How did you do the mirror finish?

Hey mate,

Its the dominator ram fan took all the ugly stickers off,I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the L shaped blocks.

Mirror finish was obtained by wet sanding (Starting with 800grit,1000,1500,2000grits and then alot of polishing.Several hours to be exact,alot of elbow grease but i like how it turned out.(Oh btw mothers billet polish is the best polish i've used by far)Went through several before coming across the billet polish which is alot better.

thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Waiting on some adapters from bitspower so build is on hold for a week or so :( Then i'll plumb the system fill her up and then get ready to finish it off

Hey mate,

Its the dominator ram fan took all the ugly stickers off,I'm not 100% sure what you mean by the L shaped blocks.

Mirror finish was obtained by wet sanding (Starting with 800grit,1000,1500,2000grits and then alot of polishing.Several hours to be exact,alot of elbow grease but i like how it turned out.(Oh btw mothers billet polish is the best polish i've used by far)Went through several before coming across the billet polish which is alot better.

thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Waiting on some adapters from bitspower so build is on hold for a week or so :( Then i'll plumb the system fill her up and then get ready to finish it off

Your pumps, they are blocks hehe, I am just used to how the D5 looks, and thought they were peculiar, I have a power sander, wonder if I can use that to avoid hours hehe. hmnn.. ;)

Excellent work!

It reminds me of my Beast 2.5 build sans the mosfet blocks.

Keep up the great work!

Looks amazing man.

Great craftsmanship, but way too over the top for my taste.

Awesome none the less.

Just jaw dropping. I can't wait for the final phase! :) I just ordered that case myself, so glad its big enough to do all this in!

I thought the pix looked familiar your Disruptfan from XS LOL, you probably know my V2k worklog there, which I have yet complete. I'm loving your rebuild btw.

SMALL UPDATE:

:up:

My hd pump bracket.got a lil creative

lanpc030.jpg

lanpc035.jpg

lanpc032.jpg

got some of fittings i need Alot more to come. :)

lanpc036.jpg

lanpc038.jpg

lanpc040.jpg

Chucked my g-skill into my lan and seeing how dom ddr2 ram is cheap as chips these days got 2gb (with another 2gb on the way)

lanpc044.jpg

thats all for now.More in a couple hours :)

cheers

cheers

Ok mounted the hd pump cage, did some cables,working on 3rd pump position.I got alot fittings that i need and will be ordering them asap.

newpicpc009.jpg

newpicpc011.jpg

newpicpc012.jpg

newpicpc013.jpg

newpicpc014.jpg

newpicpc023.jpg

Yes i do realize the hd cage is not straight. lol not screwed yet

To do list:

Order the remaining fittings i need.
Order aquareo
Get manual hole punch.
Install fillports.