Rebuilt my Rig AGAIN (pics)

typhoon43

2[H]4U
I was looking into doing a full AC install, but I came across 2 incredible deals on the same day that required I stay 3/8" ID. I did however get the AC SLI cooler w/ 3/8" barbs so now my Northbridge no longer idles in the fricking 60c range. I'm a little disappointed how much more cluttered she looks now, but I know she's happy and running cool.

Changes made:
BFG7800GTX-OC w/ DD NV-78 added to replace 6800GT w/ DD Acetal Maze 4 on it (Maze 4 for sale hehe :D)
AX SLI Chipset cooler added into loop

I need to get some of that spiral anti-kink, because I had a little compression on the outlet of the NV-78 and have rigged a zip tie to help keep the tube round. I know..ghetto :(

In any case, here's the new setup
H20night2-1024.jpg

Oh, and the AquaComputer SLI cooler does work with 3/8" fittings. It just barely clears my 7800
H20night4-1024.jpg

I'm so anxious to watercool but my rig has recently become unstable (possible bad memory?). I actually should be receiving my (used) Maze 4 today.

I like how you got a waterblock for the northbridge. I am also amazed at how you got it on. Video cards nowadays extend so close to the NB.

It also looks very neat :p

yeah - that AC block off-sets the barbs so you can get one on the NB.. pretty slick! :)

Neat. I like.

The only thing i'm not to happy seeing is the zipties. I don't trust them, lol.

You know what would be neat? If you bought worm clamps, or hose clamps (still not sure what they are actually called) and painted them black, then put them on your setup. I think that would be wicked sick.

The nylon rachet clamps can be dyed with rit black fabric dye by putting it in water, getting it boiling then dropping the clamps in it and keeping the heat right below boiling for about 10-15 minutes.

Beats the hell out of paint as it's permanent. It gets into the pores of the nylon and the process actually makes the nylon a bit stronger.

madmat said:
The nylon rachet clamps can be dyed with rit black fabric dye by putting it in water, getting it boiling then dropping the clamps in it and keeping the heat right below boiling for about 10-15 minutes.

Beats the hell out of paint as it's permanent. It gets into the pores of the nylon and the process actually makes the nylon a bit stronger.

Excellent idea. I might try that!
As for the zip ties, the 2 I'm using to prevent kinks will be going bye bye when my anti-kink coils get here. I'm not a fan of work clamps for asthetic reasons. They belong in cars IMO. As for not trusting zip ties, I was leary too, but I've been u.sing them for over a year and had no problems with leaks on my rigs

is there any chance that 1/2in fitting would work on your nb cooler? im going all 1/2'' so i might get screwed colling nb

turbolude said:
is there any chance that 1/2in fitting would work on your nb cooler? im going all 1/2'' so i might get screwed colling nb

It's going to be CLOSE man..and I mean close.

turbolude said:
I'd like to know too. The NB fans on the dfi boards are so loud, so I wanna get some water on it. Would using 10mm (3/8) -> 1/2 work well? Or will my only option be 3/8?

Back