Recert PCP&P Silencer 610w $50, 750w $60 + shipping @ Directron

If I didn't already have my antec 850, I would take this in a heart beat :p I can't believe the prices have gone down SO much on PC P&C...

If I didn't already have my antec 850, I would take this in a heart beat :p I can't believe the prices have gone down SO much on PC P&C...

The Silencer line from PCP&C is manufactured by Seasonic. It's a good power supply, but it's not one of their in house PSUs.

FYI - warranty drops from the regular 5-yr to only a 1-yr warranty for recerts... Obviously they don't have as much faith in their recerts...

I can't believe the prices have gone down SO much on PC P&C...
The reason the price is low is because these are recertified units, and because PCP&C discontinued their entire old PSU lineup.
It's a good power supply, but it's not one of their in house PSUs.
There are no "in-house" PCP&C PSUs. They do not design anything. They merely choose designs from other OEMs and rebrand them under their own name.

There are no "in-house" PCP&C PSUs. They do not design anything. They merely choose designs from other OEMs and rebrand them under their own name.

Aww wtf!? Level of PC P&C just went down a bit in my book. From like 9 to 6 lol

I think it's a bit silly that anyone assumed PCP&C designed their own PSUs. It is a well-known fact that they are just a branding company.
I knew that it was based of seasonic, but didn't think it was simply rebranded.

so you rate Seasonic (based psus) a 6 out of 10?
Well as for seasonic, I never really looked them as higher quality than PC P&C because I thought PC P&C took the idea, but used much better parts. So a no and a yes on that one. No I would rate them that low, but yes I thought they were of lesser quality than the latter.

I knew that it was based of seasonic, but didn't think it was simply rebranded.

I think they sometimes use their own housings and fans/heatsinks, but the basic boards are pretty standard I think. PC P&C is owned by OCZ by the way.

Back