RECERTIFIED EVGA x58 motherboard with 3x SLI/Crossfire with a pci-e for Physx $117.56

You can buy a 1 year extended warranty for $17 and that should offer enough protection for most people. The board is the same as the EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR, which sells new for $190 and comes with a 2 year warranty. If you get any accessories and purchase the one year warranty its probably worth the savings. If it doesn't die in one year chances are it will last the 2-3 years before upgrade time.

Whoa.. if i would of seen this last night i might not of sold my old i7 930 and bought this board for it! hehe.

Did you guys see this review? lol umm:

"Pros: Good board for 920s to 950s which overclocked to 4ghz with no problems but didn't seem to handle the 6-core 970.

Cons: Can't handle a 970 i7 hex core CPU?

Other Thoughts: This was an RMA board about 1-1/2 months old. Been folding 24/7 with this board with a 950 OC'd to 4ghz no problems. Swapped with a 970 hexcore and the mother board immediately caught on fire. Ruined my brand new Lian Li A77FB case and burned the sleeve/wires on my Corsair H50. The 970 was brand new and was tested in a different system(Rampage III) prior to going in my system."

It sounds like the board's power phases couldn't handle the power draw and then the PSU didn't shut itself off when it should have. CRAZY! Personally I wouldn't do this board because it's an older x58!

I bought the EVGA 132-BL-E758-RX combo on Black Friday last year. The combo came with the motherboard and the EVGA USB 3.0 pci card with $40 EVGA mail-in rebate (Yes I got the 2 rebate cards) and a $50 discount making the combo 109.99 before 40 rebate. This combo was a steal. I purchased the combo with the 1 year extended warrenty for the same price listed above. The packaging was a little scary (Plastic clamshell in a thin shitty cardboard box) and it only comes with the backplate. I havn't had any problems

So basically what is the verdict on this? I am still thinking about it because of the cost, and vs another board I have been looking at (price is also a consideration) the brand name is a perk as well.

How did that board go on fire for him?

for a board to go "up in fire" he had to be doing some major overvoltage or something. Probally tried to oc the cpu and upped all voltages or something. Or had exposed wiring arc out on him. I doubt the board spontaneously combusted. Of course its never their fault its always the board manufactures fault.

I have this board, you definitely need something like an Antec Spot Cool pointed right at the chipset/mosfet coolers, or it will be unstable, at least when overclocking. The passive cooling is not enough to cool this board. If you do get a fan pointed at them, it works great, took my 930 to 4ghz easy as pie.

wonder how i would put a 60mm fan on that northbridge, just stick it on top? or underneath so it blows through the fins to the top of my case?

ok guys heres the deal with this board. the thermal tape they use underneath the x58 chipset is crap. idles temps were in the 70C range and 90c at load. i cleaned the heatsink off and applied some thermal grease and it dropped into the 50C range at idle. my board has been working 24/7 for the last 6 months or so with zero issues. for the $99 i paid for it... bargain.

I have this and bought it on black friday with the free USB3.0 card. So far it works well and I had another friend buy one too. If you combine this with the $200 i7 950 at microcenter you have a very nice rig for $300 and so many ram deals to pair it up with.

That said EVGA means nothing many friends have had their boards die and have problems and on top of that this has no great EVGA warranty. If you need a system that is powerful and cheap this is a good deal. However do not go rush out and buy this it has been going for this same price for a very long time and will continue to for a while take your time to make a decision. After rebates I got it for around $70. I suspect they will continue to sell for this price for a long time as well.

Oh I should also mention that the board comes with different colored slots, like PCI-X doesnt look nearly as cool as the picture you see. Mine also came with NOTHING not 1 cable or instructions or anything. Didnt matter for the cheap build but it may matter to some. I am also concerned with the fact they seem to have so many of these might point to a major defect with the mobo.

Last edited:
This is a good barebone board (only 6 sata ports, no ide port) if you don't plan to run more then 1 video card. Whoever designed the pci-e slots was an idiot. They are configured 16x, 8x, 4x, 8x. So you basically have to run 2 video cards on top of each other unless you are willing to take the hit down to 4x or you have a super big case that will allow you to put a double slot card on the 4th pci-e.

I will reconfirm that you need to replace the thermal material under the main heatsink with a decent aftermarket paste. Dropped temps into the 50c range. I got a new one, not a refurb, but it has performed excellently.

My son it running this setup with the first slot a GTX280, next two slots open, next slot a 9800GT for physx and then in the last another GTX280. To run 3xSLI+Physx you need a 8 slot case. We used a Silverstone Raven RV02 for his and it has worked great. When I can find him a cheap GTX280 he'll be running 3-way SLI+Physx, but 2-way SLI+Physx has been working great so far... Hmmm... I wonder if a Corsair TX950 is enough for a 3-way SLI+Physx???

I also have a different eVGA x58 3x SLI motherboard that is a refurb running the system for my daughter. It is the one with the fan on the northbridge and the tower cooler on the VRMs, with the multi-colored slots. It also performs great, but I did notice that one of the fan headers on the motherboard only puts out partial voltage. So, beware of faulty non-essential things like that.

Back