Recommend a good Large Mouse

logan1

Gawd
Ok so my MX510 is acting up and freezes every 10 seconds and i have to unplug it and then plug it back in to get it to work before it freezes again. So now i am looking for a new mouse. I have no brand preference, the mouse can be corded or wireless as long as it does not lag.

My problem is that I am 6‘5" and have really big hands. I need advice on getting a good responsive mouse that is BIG and comfortable. Also I would like to keep the cost between $30 to $50. The MX518 is already on my list but i was wondering if there were anyother mice out there that would fit my criteria.

Any and all help is appreciated

Just go for the mx518, it's what I'm currently using and I have no problems with it what so ever.

Microsoft 6000 is not what you want. The Habu mentioned or the new MS 3.0 black ones would probably suit you.

I have both MX518 and the legendary 3.0. I can say the 3.0 is a bit longer, and I'm 6'1. My hands are big too, and I love this mouse.

Mr. Stryker said:
I have both MX518 and the legendary 3.0. I can say the 3.0 is a bit longer, and I'm 6'1. My hands are big too, and I love this mouse.
which one do you love the mx518 or the MS3.0 ?

The 3.0. Sorry for the mix-up. I used a friend's brand new 3.0 at his house, it already comes with teflon feet. It felt sexy on a good mouse surface.

im 6'4" and have the same problem my mx518 is a little small for me and im thinking about getting the newly released ms 3.0

how much does DPI matter in mouse accuracy/performance?

I am currently struggling between the G5 and the Ms 3.0. The the G5 has a 2000 DPI sensor, however i am unable to find the DPI rating for MS 3.0.

The MX1000 is $40 after rebate from Newegg. Get it fast, though. They don't make the MX1000 anymore.

Rabid Badger said:
The MX1000 is $40 after rebate from Newegg. Get it fast, though. They don't make the MX1000 anymore.

I've hear that the mx1000 mouse has lags or does not respond for a few seconds if you lift it off the mouse pad.

Does anyone own a MX610, if so is it a good mouse.

logan1 said:
how much does DPI matter in mouse accuracy/performance?

I am currently struggling between the G5 and the Ms 3.0. The the G5 has a 2000 DPI sensor, however i am unable to find the DPI rating for MS 3.0.

I have a logitech G7. During most games, I leave the DPI at 1200. For close-up work, as in sniping, I knock it down to 400. Also, in photoshop, i use 400 when zoomed and 1200 otherwise. The on-the-fly DPI adjustment buttons are an absolute godsend.

Lower DPI = less sensitive = slower movement = more precise.
Higher DPI = more sensitive = faster movement = less precise.

logan1 said:
I've hear that the mx1000 mouse has lags or does not respond for a few seconds if you lift it off the mouse pad. .

Thats a bullshit rumor. Everybody was dissing the mx1000. I owned two of them, one of the originals and one of the ones when they made them lighter.. Neither of them EVER had that problem.

shit i've had a mx310 for like 4 years, i definitely need a change in mice, probably gonna jump ship and get a logitech g7, just gotta wait and see how bad my traffic ticket is before i go apeshit on the mouse.

Good choice, hope you're happy with it :)

And the MX1000 does not lag in the least when picked up and such, flawless performance.

Come to think of it, not much different then my G7.

logan1 said:
Ok guys i just ordered a MS 3.0 form Newegg.

thanx to all who helped.

Good choice, I replaced my MX510 with one, and I can say IMO its longer than the MX510, more comfortable, and I can not tell any percision difference between the two.

At least in my experinces once the DPI gets a certian level most people can not tell a difference between the mice.

Back