Recommend me a 24" LCD monitor!

lobski

Limp Gawd
Salutations,

I am in the market for a new LCD monitor, preferably something 24" or larger. I had my eyes on the Dell 2408 and Samsung's 245T, but I decided against it because of the high input lag. Can anyone recommend me some excellent +24" LCD monitors that are excellent for gaming (Non-TN)? I'd like to spend around $600-$1000.

Gaming and non-TN is not quite that simple. TN is faster that MVA,PVA and IPS.
On your request why not look at the Samsung 245B.
Here you have a review.

have you tried searching? it's a lot easier than starting a thread and wait for replies.

i said it before, ill say it again,
there is at least one new best 22"-26" inch monitor thread every day.

It depends on what type of gaming you are doing.
FPS? MMO? RPG?

I just got the V7 D24W33 monitor.
It is great for SP games, but has a bit of issue with online fps' (input lag). I havent tried any other games so far though (like mmo etc etc etc)

Overall a very nice monitor. Just wish there was a 'perfect online gaming' and 'web browsing' monitor out there.

All of the monitors everyone recommends are either out of production, have 4 different screens for the same model # (crap shoot), or many reviews/input lag tests shoot them down.

It depends on what type of gaming you are doing.
FPS? MMO? RPG?

I just got the V7 D24W33 monitor.
It is great for SP games, but has a bit of issue with online fps' (input lag). I havent tried any other games so far though (like mmo etc etc etc)

Overall a very nice monitor. Just wish there was a 'perfect online gaming' and 'web browsing' monitor out there.

All of the monitors everyone recommends are either out of production, have 4 different screens for the same model # (crap shoot), or many reviews/input lag tests shoot them down.

FPS.

And I wish the Iiyama prolite E2403WS were available in the US.

:D

Cheap TN panel, surely you don't need yet another one! :D

The Doublesight is really quite unique in that it has almost no lag, and top quality panel due to H-IPS.

Sniviler,

What are you setting, Have you left them on very long. I looked at this monitor a number of times but the back light bleed scares me.

Sniviler,

What are you setting, Have you left them on very long. I looked at this monitor a number of times but the back light bleed scares me.

I bought one back in november for home, it had some BBL but acceptable.

Brightness:60
contrast:55
red:80
green:82
blue:100

used eztune to calibrate

I recently went back to circuit city to buy a couple of monitors for my office and I noticed the display monitor had no BBL and had newer manufacturing date 3/24/08 so I deceided to give it a shot.

Maybe I got lucky or they're made better YMMV.

Back