Recommend me a case!

Lone_Star_Lynch

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for something for 150$ at the most, as the case I have is getting a little tired. Preferably something that's 2 tone, silver and black, with some empty spots for some 80mm fans. Not plastic either, something that's good for cooling, and is big enough for a lower end G80, like the 8800gts, cause I'll never be getting a GTX probably. Also it would be nice if it had a tool less design.

I was looking at the Coolermaster Cent 5 but I'd like something with a little more capability for fans as well, but it looks like a good case and I may well be upgrading to water cooling sometime. What do you guys think of the Centurion? BTW Monday after next is probably the time I'll order it on Newegg, or maybe next Friday/Saturday.

EDIT: Sorry wrong forum, but it may qualify for the case mod forum anyway cause I'm thinking of buying some tools so I can cut my own fan holes, so the Cent 5 will probably be a good case. I'm open to suggestions still.

Lian Li PC-60plusII is a fan favorite, as well as the Antec P180. The reviews for both are quite positive

I have the Lian-Li PC-7B Plus II and I think it's a good deal for what you get. Looks better than the Centurion and is a little lighter since it's made of aluminum. Maybe $40 more expensive depending on where you get it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have over a week to decide so I'll look at the cases you've posted and decide what I want. In the mean time, anymore suggestions?

Lain Li makes a great case.. I have the P180 now, and I really regret selling off my PC-65B with dual window fans. sigh.....

kirbyrj said:
I have the Lian-Li PC-7B Plus II and I think it's a good deal for what you get. Looks better than the Centurion and is a little lighter since it's made of aluminum. Maybe $40 more expensive depending on where you get it.

2nd that.

the PC-7A Plus II (silver) & PC-7B Plus II (black) both have 120mm fans in the front & back(= quiet with great airflow), they look great, and are of the highest quality materials / craftsmanship.

I just rebuilt my PC using a PC-7A Plus II.

pics here: http://www.crowdcontrolusa.com/overclock/shizzy3.html

Mods:
Everything was so whisper quiet, that I had to buy a harddrive silencer enclosure for my raptor (see top). I also added the grommet to run the PSU wiring behind the motherboard.

Back