Recommend me a good ATX case

vsrdan

Gawd
Time to upgrade (no rrom for more HDD's in the current system).

I am thinking of this one.

The number of internal 3.5" bays is important to me (this one has 6).

Are any other, similar, cases out there? Have to order this today (if I were to buy this one from NewEgg because the weekend sale may end by tomorrow).

Thanks for help!

I love this case, I currently have 3 hard drives in it and watercooling (rad located in the case 2x120). Its quiet too and has plenty of room. It is a little difficult to wire managment however.

I love my P180, and would recommend it. The only thing thats a bit irritating about the case is the wire management.

Also consider this.

I like my thermaltake soprano, but wont suit your needs 5 internal 3.5 inches and 2 external 3.5s with 4 5.25 inch

CM Stacker! Similar to the Antec nine hundred. Antec bit off of CM! hehehe... and who did CM bite that design from? o wellz, who cares, go with either of the two.

Thanks for all the replies. Ordered the Antec P180B. I didn't want a full tower, nor one with side panel window. Hopefully I'll like this one.

vsrdan said:
Thanks for all the replies. Ordered the Antec P180B. I didn't want a full tower, nor one with side panel window. Hopefully I'll like this one.
The P180B is a full tower, hehe. Hope you like it, too.

CM Stacker STC-T01 and two 3 for 4 drive modules. That will give you a total drive capacity of 12 3.5 inch hard drives and each module comes with a 120mm fan to cool them. Additionally, that case supports the use of dual power supplies so that you can run it all. :D

Not the cheapest solution to be sure, but it is an elegant one.

vsrdan said:
Here it says mid-tower. Can't guess the actual size by picture though.

It's a big mid-tower. Amazing case though (aside from wire management).

zombeh said:
i want to get this one.

Newegg says it has 3 external 3.5" bays, but the picture shows only 2. I dont' think it has 5 internal 3.5" bays either. Can't find the model in LianLi's web site.

zombeh said:
i want to get this one.

I was looking at the same one but in the black color. My only hesitation with Lian Li is that their cases tend to pick up finger prints easy, scratch easy, and are not really quiet cases, at least so I've read. I have kids so I worry about the first 2 things and I don't really want a noisy case. I'm probably going to go with the Antec Solo, P180B or go really cheap and get the SLK3000B.

I got my Antec P180B and it is fantastic. It is not too big although it is little bigger than the regulasr cases.

Minor things I don't really like about it:
(1) The 3 case fans have manual speed controls which will stay inside the case.
(2) Front panel power indicator connector has a 3-pin "plug" (my MB needs a 2 pin plug) - So, I had to modify that (very simple).
(3) Once you install drives in 5.25" external bays, there are gaps (to put fingers to remove them) on either side (this doesn't look though).
(4) The expansion slot covers have horizontal holes in them (MB will not be protected from dust). This is not necessary because PSU is essentially isolated from MB compartment.

These are not big concerns compared to the overall quality of the case.

Back