Recommend me a low input lag HDTV for harcore FPS PC gaming.

DG25

Gawd
I want to use a FullHD TV LCD as a pc monitor but my biggest fear is for input lag. I know most tvs now have a gaming mode, but it's not perfect and varies from model to model.

So, if anyone here is a hardcore FPS gamer (playing fast games like UT, CS or Quake) that uses a HDTV as a pc gaming monitor, without having issues with input lag, i would like to know the name of the LCD HD TV, and maybe some impressions on it..

ps: for those who don't know, input lag it's not the same with motion blur caused by high response time. It's way, way more terrible. Input lag
Some people are more sensitive then others at this, maybe that's so hard to get a clear opinion on this, without testing the actual lcd with a crt.

That's why i'm asking only hardcore fps pc gamers, because they are more sensible at this input lag.

The Sharp Aquos LC-32GP2U or the newer LC-32GP3U are known to have extremely low (for HDTVs) input lag when the "Vyper Drive" game mode is activated.

I've heard bad things about them, because they use a different aligment of pixels then most LCDs, they don't make such good pc monitor replacements (at least when it comes to read stuff on it -browsing, office, etc).

According to this review of the Sony 40W4000, it has 30ms lower input lag than Samsung F96, which would be around 0ms compared to a CRT.

[url]http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sony-KDL40W4000/Calibration/[/URL]

I have been looking for a LCD for the same use as you, and at the moment the TV at the top of my list is the 32W4000. I just hope that it has as low input lag as the 40" version.

W4000 seems to have really low input lag. But on the other hand you can't disable sharpening, so its not really suitable as a PC monitor. :(

I've heard bad things about them, because they use a different aligment of pixels then most LCDs, they don't make such good pc monitor replacements (at least when it comes to read stuff on it -browsing, office, etc).

I have the non-gamer edition (the one without the Vyper Drive) and it works and looks beautiful. Going on two years soon and still don't regret the purchase one bit and haven't found anything that can really out do its quality. So I haven't found a need to upgrade yet.

And I spend a lot of time reading HardOcp and Forum, plus many other forums, never noticed any problems with it. It is my primary and only PC display at this time.

Back