Recommend me some memory!

millhouse

Limp Gawd
Greetings!

After 5.5 years I have been given the offical go ahead by the wifey to build a new PC. Problem is I cant decide what memory to go with! The motherboard I will be getting is GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P. I have ALWAYS bought Corsair memory in the past and have had outstanding success with it. I will be gaming (mostly WoW) and doing photography and video editing. I will probably be picking up 8GB worth.

Any suggestions you can offer would be great!

TIA!

Heh, yeah probably true...Stupid way to try and be funny. I have no experience nor insight to G.Skill. They are reputable company with quality DIMMs?

Very reputable as of late, and the preferred choice of many. I would rank them with the elite such as Corsair, OCZ, and Patriot.

I have that same motherboard, but you should definately check the compatibility list on gigabytes site to choose your ram. I had a tough time to get my ram(in sig) to run at rated speeds, had to change dims and set everythign up a specific way to get it stable at 1600. According to gigabyte, if I would have choose a supported brand I wouldn't have had as much trouble.

Back