Recommend USB3.0 External Dock?

I have always had good luck with the BlackX that you linked, i have used the USB 3 model, however that being said, i would NEVER try to stream a movie off of it. Does the 2TB drive have any issues if it is hooked up internally?

OP, what kind of movies are you streaming? If it is a single movie, even 1080p movies that need 15MB/s+ should stream just fine, even on USB 2.0.

I have always had good luck with the BlackX that you linked, i have used the USB 3 model, however that being said, i would NEVER try to stream a movie off of it. Does the 2TB drive have any issues if it is hooked up internally?

the 2TB hard drive is able to stream MKVs just fine when its connected directly to the computer. However, when connect to the USB2.0 dock, i have problems..

however, if i use a 1.5TB drive, it works fine on the dock.

maybe the dock doesn't work well with 2TB hard drives?

this is why i'm looking into getting a new dock, and why not get usb3 while i'm at it.

Get the blackx USB3 model. It could just be a funky issue with the 2TB drive and piping it over USB

The issue i always have with USB2 is that it never sustains decent speeds, i have seen it drop so low on transfer rates that i would rather us a floppy drive

Back