Recommendation for 1tb hdd?

Black-Tom

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I have run out space on my computer and I'm interested in buying a sata hard drive to pop into my computer. I was thinking about getting a 1tb hdd from newegg, and I am looking at the 75-100 dollar range.

When looking on newegg I see lots of drives and from what I can tell there's not much of a difference between them... there are also some more 1tb drives that are more than a hundred bucks?

My question is, what should I be looking for in these drives, and what would you recommend I purchase? I do some gaming and some photoshop work, but I will be using this drive as purely storage for my movies and my music, so I'm not looking for perhaps the most amazing 1tb drive out there.

I'm not looking for super fast, but I don't want something that will take forever to transfer files.

Thanks in advance!

I have a the drive protias recommended, and I fully agree that it's great. I do everything you do, and it's been great. I even dropped it (it was external, now internal) and it broke, just told WD it stopped working and they replaced it. I can't give any info on transfer speeds, since my only other drive is a 160gb ide drive, but a 3.5gb game copies from the drive back onto itself takes around 1-2 minutes. Great drive for storage too, around 500 gb of my dvds are on it, and they work great.

Thanks guys,

I went ahead and ordered the drive that Protias recommended since I am in desperate need of the space as of today.

:)

Back