Recommendations for a Cool, Quiet, Quality Power Supply

Retsam

2[H]4U
So for a long while I have noticed my computer gets fairly loud when gaming/load. I do not game much anymore but when I do, I still want the PC to be quiet. I had always thought it was my graphics card and was too lazy to check I suppose. I realized recently it was my fairly old Antec Neo Eco 620w PSU I bought probably like 5-7 years ago. No issues with the PSU but I want a quieter PC I decided. I just kind of started researching today, but I wanted to get some quick suggestions for a power supply which runs cool, quiet and is quality made. Looking to spend under $100 if possible.

So far it seems Seasonic Focus gold or platinum PSU's are pretty solid and quiet? I also started looking at the Corsair RMx Series RM650x. I was reading some good comments on the Evga SuperNova G3 psu's but on a few different review sites stated the fan gets loud at load which is not what I want if thats true.

I am trying to stay in the 80+ Gold or Platinum area to make sure I cut down on heat and fan speed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check my Signature ... SeaSonic Focus Gold 650 FX

Running a Seasonic Prime Titanium 650w unit in my current setup. Doesn't even flinch during heavy gaming sessions.

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up going with the Evga 650 G2. I ended up getting it for the cheapest price out of all my options. I almost went with the Seasonic Focus Platinum 550 because it was like wicked cheap after a rebate, but I got the Evga 650 G2 for even cheaper. I like Evga, so I kind of bought it for their support should any issues arise.

I am in the middle of a GPU upgrade, so strangely enough I do not have a GPU to stress the system out at the moment to check noise(which was the entire reason I was buying a new psu lol). I trust it will be fine though. The Evga 650 G2 is fairly highly reviewed and rated.

Back