REcommendations for gaming laptop with a good screen?

Sycraft

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm sniffing around to replace my laptop and seeing what my options might be. Budget is $1500-2000 or so. As always less is better but I've the cash to get something reasonably nice. I want your standard gaming laptop (quad core, fast video) but I'd also like a nice display. To me this means good viewing angles, good colours, and is possible a matte screen (though glossy is ok). I love my high end desktop display and though I can't have it in a laptop at that price point ($3500-4000 to get a nice IPS laptop) I'd like something that isn't garbage, which is what my current laptop has.

So, what should I put on the list to consider?

Thinkpad W520? Has the matte screen and the option of getting a good video card, but I think they're the cards aimed more at professional work than gaming (though I personally didn't noticed when I used one briefly).

I have a Lenovo W510 and love it. I paid just $780 new, so you could get a W520 easily within your budget with all of the goodies. The screen is amazing.. I can't bring myself to use my HP Elitebook anymore because the screen is just god-awful in comparison. Video card performance of the W-series is around a midrange GeForce card. My FX880 is about the same as a GT330.

2011-11-10%2002.50.37.jpg

Gaming + Good Screen = Sager

Check out the 8150 or 8170 for either 15" or a 17". Though beware the next generation should come out soon.

I have an 8150 with an AMD 6990m and a 95% color gumat matte screen. Its an awesome machine.

I'm sniffing around to replace my laptop and seeing what my options might be. Budget is $1500-2000 or so. As always less is better but I've the cash to get something reasonably nice. I want your standard gaming laptop (quad core, fast video) but I'd also like a nice display. To me this means good viewing angles, good colours, and is possible a matte screen (though glossy is ok). I love my high end desktop display and though I can't have it in a laptop at that price point ($3500-4000 to get a nice IPS laptop) I'd like something that isn't garbage, which is what my current laptop has.

So, what should I put on the list to consider?

Dont need to spend that much, if you want to buy it right now, just get a Sager NP8130, add the 95% gamut matte screen + swap the cpu for quad. If you can wait a couple of month you could wait for the ivy bridge refresh, nvidia is just rebaranding their gpus so dont expect anything new from them short term.

My Asus N61JQ-A1 laptop that I'm selling...:D ...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA :p
Seriously is a great laptop though.

Back