Recommendations for Gaming Mouse

I have tried the Logitech MX-518, G9x, and the Cyborg R.A.T 7 and cant seem to get a comfortable fit for my large hand. Anyone have any recommendations for something to try that is wired and may be comfortable? Thanks for any suggestions!

Here is my experience in searching for my perfect mouse:

*Logitech G5 for over 5 years, great mouse, loved it
*Bought the RAT 7 and was disappointed with the tracking issues. Sent it in for RMA
*Bought the Logitech G500, the mouse was comfortable but it has 2 deal breakers: mushy scroll wheel, and questionable durability. It was returned.
*Last but not least, the Corsair M60. I am in love. The mouse fits perfect, durable aluminum construction, rock solid scroll wheel, adjustable weight and DPI.

Last edited:
The Corsair is a good choice as is the Razer Deathadder. It is the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. I like my G700 just a little better simply because of the button right up top that toggles between hyper scroll and notched and the DPI selector right on top as well.

I have tried the M90 and don't like it.
- I did not like side buttons (too small or require too much force to press).
- Scroll wheel felt sloppy (can hear it when shaking the mouse).
- Software is bad
- Too much weight
Other than that, the M90 is the most beautiful mouse I have ever seen. I wish I didn't had to return it.

My list:

Razer Deathadder: felt like sticky gooey junk. Broke in 3 months. Drivers = worse than the Plague, Mouse Sensitivity = Too High, Drivers = Unavoidable, therefore, Deathadder = worse than the plague.

G9x: After 18 months and over 3000 hours, i decided it was too small and too heavy, gave me arm pains even without the weights in.

G700: too heavy. Stiffness of cable moves the heavy mouse around on mousepad, which is annoying.

Corsair M60: All functionality of g9x with a better mouse wheel in a bigger (more ergonomic), and more lightweight package. Sadly requires drivers to be used - drivers are NOT saved onto the mouse itself. Love the mouse to death, but my opinion has been poisoned by the amazing sensor in the steelseries kana.

Steelseries Kana: Shape of a microsoft optical mouse, amazing sensor, easy to use. Super lightweight, and noticeably more accurate sensor than the m60/g9x. Downside: the feet are garbage, and the mouse is so light that the not very stiff cable is able to push the mouse around on the pad. Really is only good on cloth pads with a decent amount of resistance, and i'm a low friction hard pad kind of guy. I wish they had this optical sensor in the m60.

I think I fail to appreciate the finer points of some peripherals; I've seen the same complaints about the Corsair gaming mice but I picked it up on sale and just don't have the same perspective.

The software is not really that bad, at least it's not much better or worse than other profiling software I've used by logitech and some others. The buttons are not that hard to push IMO, the layout took some getting used to for me since this mouse seems more claw-grip oriented and my other mouse is a longer, palm-friendly shape. I give the buttons a push with my thumb and they go click ... not sure what else I would be looking for. It is a bit on the heavy side but the bottom is plenty slick and it slides as easily as my other mice on the RatPad.

I'm not enough of an aficionado to say what it's better or worse than, frankly but the Corsair works well for me.

How are those mice with dual trackers? Gimmick or does it make any kind of noticeable difference?

I use the G9x and I like it alot. Easily customizable and feels good in my hand.. The weight is adjustable, it comes with a bunch of different weights you can mix and match, it also come with two grips a big one and a small one. (just saw you tried the G9x sorry).. I like though, I can plam a basketball easily.. Are your hands bigger than that?

I've been browsing for mouses all day and came across the Logitech G700. It seems like a nice mouse. I like the heavier, bigger mice and this seems somewhat promising, especially since it does have a wired option. Any opinions on this mouse?

I use the G9x and I like it alot. Easily customizable and feels good in my hand.. The weight is adjustable, it comes with a bunch of different weights you can mix and match, it also come with two grips a big one and a small one. (just saw you tried the G9x sorry).. I like though, I can plam a basketball easily.. Are your hands bigger than that?

Yes, I can palm a basketball no problem. I haven't used the G9x in a while...considering trying it out again.

G700: too heavy. Stiffness of cable moves the heavy mouse around on mousepad, which is annoying.

Why are you using it wired in the first place? There's no point in getting the G700 to use it wired.

My vote goes for the G700. Before that I'd owned several MS Optical mice (generally the Intellimouse series), Razer Diamondback 3G, Razer Deathadder, and Razer Mamba (original, not 2012 version). The G700 just feels great and has a ton of functionality. I had an issue with automatic double-clicking and Logitech sent me a brand new mouse without requiring the old one to be shipped back. Quality and customer service is amazing, definitely recommend Logitech, and the G700 specifically.

I currently have a G9x and I love it. It does take a little getting used to the shape since it's kinda fat, but if you have large hands then it should be good. I have never had any issues with it, and it has a rocker switch to change the sensitivity on the fly for when going from regular play to tank/vehicle in BF3 for example you can turn up the sensitivity since the vehicles have steering equivalent to that of a ball of mud.

It also depends on what games you play if you need the extra buttons the M90 offers for an MMO or some such thing.

I have a G500 and absolutely love it. It has that old shape that the MX mice had years ago. I had a G9x but it broke after two years.

Why are you using it wired in the first place? There's no point in getting the G700 to use it wired.

My vote goes for the G700. Before that I'd owned several MS Optical mice (generally the Intellimouse series), Razer Diamondback 3G, Razer Deathadder, and Razer Mamba (original, not 2012 version). The G700 just feels great and has a ton of functionality. I had an issue with automatic double-clicking and Logitech sent me a brand new mouse without requiring the old one to be shipped back. Quality and customer service is amazing, definitely recommend Logitech, and the G700 specifically.

Had to charge it daily the way i used it, plus it was horribly inconsistent at 1000hz. I measured the read rate, and it would hover around 500hz with spikes to 1000, but never consistently 1000 like my kana or m60. G9X was better, more 1000's with a few drops into the 500's.

Also, the side buttons on that thing were the WORST. And the wireless radio could be no more than 12 inches away from the mouse itself in wireless mode or i would get wierd jitters all over the screen, so i ended up taping the extension cable and radio to my desk. It wouldnt work plugged into my case. Laptop users wouldn't have this issue. Its definitely an MMO/LAN on a laptop kind of mouse.

I had a G500, but it sucked at low sensitivity, wouldn't track right.

Also had a G400 (replaced my G500 with it to fix sensitivity issues) and it broke in 4 months. Would get random disconnects because the wire inside the sheath came apart.

I now have a Naos 3200 and it is great, I am 6'4" and have big hands and it is very comfortable. Check it out, Mionix makes it, I was recommended to it and I am glad I chose it, though it might take some getting used to, I'm still adapting.

Had to charge it daily the way i used it, plus it was horribly inconsistent at 1000hz. I measured the read rate, and it would hover around 500hz with spikes to 1000, but never consistently 1000 like my kana or m60. G9X was better, more 1000's with a few drops into the 500's.

Also, the side buttons on that thing were the WORST. And the wireless radio could be no more than 12 inches away from the mouse itself in wireless mode or i would get wierd jitters all over the screen, so i ended up taping the extension cable and radio to my desk. It wouldnt work plugged into my case. Laptop users wouldn't have this issue. Its definitely an MMO/LAN on a laptop kind of mouse.

Sounds like you got a bad mouse because mine has zero of those issues. I plugged the micro receiver directly into the back of my case, which is under a desk and at least 3 feet away from the mouse, and it works flawlessly.

My list:

Razer Deathadder: felt like sticky gooey junk. Broke in 3 months. Drivers = worse than the Plague, Mouse Sensitivity = Too High, Drivers = Unavoidable, therefore, Deathadder = worse than the plague.

G9x: After 18 months and over 3000 hours, i decided it was too small and too heavy, gave me arm pains even without the weights in.

Corsair M60: All functionality of g9x with a better mouse wheel in a bigger (more ergonomic), and more lightweight package. Sadly requires drivers to be used - drivers are NOT saved onto the mouse itself. Love the mouse to death, but my opinion has been poisoned by the amazing sensor in the steelseries kana.

Steelseries Kana: Shape of a microsoft optical mouse, amazing sensor, easy to use. Super lightweight, and noticeably more accurate sensor than the m60/g9x. Downside: the feet are garbage, and the mouse is so light that the not very stiff cable is able to push the mouse around on the pad. Really is only good on cloth pads with a decent amount of resistance, and i'm a low friction hard pad kind of guy. I wish they had this optical sensor in the m60.

I have the g700 and I don't mind the weight personally.

How is the sensor on the kana? Is it crazy accurate like the Ikari? I've been looking for an accurate mouse like the Ikari but with a better build. The Ikari's just don't last, I've gone thru 2 of them with even moderate use.

if you a serious competitive gamer you need a mouse with no acceleration and no mouse prediction. I personally would recommend the steelseries sensei and the razer deathadder. If you don't care about your frags per round or whether you win or lose you might as well use anything.

Other choices are the razer abyssus, the zowie ec2 or the logitech g400.

What games do you play? FPS? MMO? TPS? RTS? That'll make a huge difference in the mouse you choose.

Personally, I play mainly MMO's and some FPS/TPS games. I can't tell you how amazing the Razer Naga is for me. The extra buttons on the thumb side are simply amazing. And they can be re-mapped to anything you want (default is the numpad).

EDIT: I also have big hands, so I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble with the Naga. I palm a basketball with no problem, or if you're more mechanically inclined, my hand span is a little over 9 inches from thumb to pinkie.

My Mamba recently broke I'm looking for a new mouse and I got my eye on the Sensei.

large hand people usually prefer a 'claw grip'. you should look up the different types of grips, determine what grip you are, then find a mouse that fits your favorite grip position.

Stay away from the razer naga epic. I've already had 3 of them and they are all shit. Every one of them. Either they stop working altogether, lose wireless during play, or the buttons go bad very quickly. For the nearly $140, this product is one of the worst I've ever dealt with in my life. Shame on you razer for producing such horrid crap and selling it as a legit product.

My G400 recently broke, I'm getting a G500 as a replacement but will likely sell it the day i get it as apparently it has issues at low sens (I use 400 dpi) and the non-centered lazer is just weird.

I was looking at the deathadder but people talk about poor build quality and mouse drag. I'm used the MX510/518/G400 shape for YEARS, I think its time for something different with the poor quality of the G400. I too need suggestions.

My G400 recently broke, I'm getting a G500 as a replacement but will likely sell it the day i get it as apparently it has issues at low sens (I use 400 dpi) and the non-centered lazer is just weird.

I was looking at the deathadder but people talk about poor build quality and mouse drag. I'm used the MX510/518/G400 shape for YEARS, I think its time for something different with the poor quality of the G400. I too need suggestions.

Yes the forward sensor location is very weird and hard to get used to but you can get used to it after a while. I still think the mid location for the sensor makes for a more accurate mouse but maybe thats just my preference. I love my G700 and it has the forward spot.

The DeathAdder doesnt have bulletproof build quality but its good enough. Ive had one for about a year and a half now and its been just fine and Ive had no problems with it. While it doesnt feel as well made as my G700, its more comfortable and works just fine. Id buy another one and recommend buying one without any hesitation.

Last edited:
vote for G700

ZERO wireless issues even thou receiver is like 2m away
very good tracking, no lag, 4 useful buttons on side, awesome look on top of it
and if by any chance it broke you'll get new in few days, and if warranty is over you'll get huge discount for new one

I just charge it during the night, and in case I have 4 spare eneloops

I had Razer Mamba (2012 one) before this and G700 is perfect

logitech turned into shit, geez those speakers and keyboards are a laughable thing these days, not to mention the overall quality of it all, their products are just cheap overpriced made-in-china crap nowadays but i agree on the G700, its an impressive little thing and probably the last good product from logitech.

If both Mad Catz and Logitech aren't doing it for you, I doubt that Corsair will do you any good. Try something contrasting to the ones you've picked out and look at the Razer Deathadder (or Zowie EC1, I think a better version of it). If that doesn't work out for you, I bet ambidextrous would be the next thing to go for, and well I'm not sure of the top end mice these days that mimic the popularized Microsoft design, but Steelseries might be worth checking out, although I'd stay away from anything with a Laser sensor from any company, they all use the same two Laser sensors and those just don't cut it in terms of accuracy for me.

If you are too bored to read the whole thing: Zowie EC1 (or Razer deathadder), and I'd also recommend a simple cloth mousepad alongside it.

Hope those workout for you.

I just changed from a Razer Mamba to a Cyborg R.A.T. 7. I LOVE the RAT 7 ... fits my hand better and the control is tighterr.

G9 from logitech also not bad, but not up to the RAT.

I've had two RAZER mice and haven't really fallen in love with either of them :p

Nothing will touch my G9x. I have used every wired/wireless mouse hybrids, and haven't liked any of them nearly as much as my wired G9x.

Razer Death Adder is my favorite mouse. My hand is kind of big, so its perfect. I edit video also and have one at my companies office for that as well. The 2 extra buttons are a bit in a weird spot, but the pure click and feel to me is the best.

Back