Recommendations?

HondaCop

Limp Gawd
I will be building a new system next week and I need some recommendations on what would be a nice water cooling setup for my system. The main reason why I am going with watercooling, is in order to reduce fan noise on my system.

The case will be the Cooler Master Cosmos S and I need to water cool a 775-socket cpu and a probably a GX2 videocard. I say probably because as of right now, only Danger Den has a water block for this videocard and it runs for $200!!! Not sure I want to spend that on just a water block.

Anyway, I know I will be getting a Swiftech MCR320-QP-K Triple 120mm radiator which sits nicely inside the case. But what should I get for the rest of the components? Thanks for any help.

CPU - Dtek Fuzion
Pump - MCP655
Tubing - Masterkleer 7/16"
Yate Loon fans

Don't expect to get a GX2 block under 200$... And, don't expect to cool a GX2 and a Quad core on a single triple radiator... If you've got a dual core, you should be fine though.

Don't expect to get a GX2 block under 200$... And, don't expect to cool a GX2 and a Quad core on a single triple radiator... If you've got a dual core, you should be fine though.

You serious? I was planning on getting the Q9450... What you recommend then?

You serious? I was planning on getting the QX9450... What you recommend then?

A GX2 and a 45nm quad core would be 100% fine on a triple radiator + another single radiator.

It would run fine on a triple radiator, but you'd need at least 60cfm fans (loud) and your temperatures would be a smidge too high to really make this worth it.

Throw in an extra 120 and you'll be set.

I run a 120mm + 360mm radiator for a single Q6600 and an 8800GTS... That lets me run my fans at around 6v... or near silent.

A GX2 and a 45nm quad core would be 100% fine on a triple radiator + another single radiator.

It would run fine on a triple radiator, but you'd need at least 60cfm fans (loud) and your temperatures would be a smidge too high to really make this worth it.

Throw in an extra 120 and you'll be set.

I run a 120mm + 360mm radiator for a single Q6600 and an 8800GTS... That lets me run my fans at around 6v... or near silent.

Now that sounds sweet... If you don't mind and it's not a hassle, can you make me a list of the components you recommend AND a link to where I can purchase them? That would make it so much easier so I can bookmark them. I would really appreciate it. If it's too much work, nevermind, just post each item and I will search around where to buy each.

Thanks!

Back