Recommended free backup software?

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
Been recommending Cobian in the past but it does not do a full system backup. Any others out there?

Acronis has a Western Digital edition that's free that does full backups, but you need a WD drive.

Also, Easeus has a product called ToDo backup that seems to work OK.

Be nice to have something like Acronis but I've been using it and still having issues at shutdown. A "bug" they are still trying to work out.

This is for someone I know that needs this. Been using Cobian but would be better to have a full system backup with incremental that can start over on a selected schedule.

I've been looking at this: http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/

I would prefer automated so this person does not have to be involved or interact with the software.

I can vouch for Paragon as well, I use it for imaging and partition management and doing hardware independent restores and the like. I haven't used their home product, however. I use the server version.

BackupPC has my vote.

Otherwise some Western Digital External HDs have some backup software on them. The issue I ran into with that software was that I wasn't able to update some software (iTunes, SuperAntiSpyware, etc) because of the Western Digital Software.

I ended up buying Acronis and using that instead. But for free, BackupPC works very well.

I was using the built-in Windows backup for all of my backups until I built my Home Server. Now I use the WHS agent and centrally backup to WHS.

Running Windows Vista or 7? Have you tried using the built in Windows Backup?

Back