recommended third-party toner cartridge source

Jim S.

n00b
Any particularly good ones? Particularly bad ones? The model I'm looking to replace is a Brother TN-570 if it matters.

Sorry man, can't help you: I generally buy, use, and recommend whatever the manufacturer sells. Been screwed over too many times by 3rd party toner cartridges.

I agree with the above posters about avoiding third-party cartridges. They can potentially mess up your printer or just cause a huge mess, period.

There isn't the same quality control when you buy third-party or "remanufactured" as when you buy the official original branded parts.

Toner cartridges last for thousands of pages. Any real savings by cheaping out on toner is probably going to be fairly minimal anyway.

I have been looking into this also. I had some very good experiences with ink-jet print cartridges but then I had some make my Canon MX700 completely non-functional. Basically all I have to go on is reviews from buyers on different websites, but it looks like toner can be the same way. Some good ones, mostly bad ones. The difference to me is I payed $340 bucks for my Brother hl-4570cdw color laser and I am not risking it like I did with my 50-70 dollar inkjet printers I used to buy years ago. I dont print that much, just want a printer to last for years, so factory toner for me now.

I know this is an old post but in case anyone is interested I have had very good results from LD Products as a source of third party toner cartridges. They have really great customer service and if you run into issues there is no problem getting replacements or refunds.

As an example of how good there CS is I purchased some HP toners for an older color HP laser I had. Well last spring we decided to consolidate our b&w all in one and the color into one unit. But I had almost a full set of new cartridges for both printers. LD took them all back and refunded the money I paid for them. Think I had to pay the return shipping but to get back over $100 on toners that I could not use anymore sure was a blessing, and much better than selling them on CL. One of the cartridges was from an invoice that was 11 months old. They still took it back.

So I would not discount third party toners, originals are usually the safest bet for quality however with the right company selling the third party toners there's really not much to worry about. I too was burned before and got a few from LD that started to leak after a few hundred prints. Called them up and they explained there return/exchange policy and that they like to hear from people who have issues cause it helps them with there own QC.

For myself the customer service is as much a part of the purchase as the product.

Back