Reconditioned HD280 Headphone at ecost.com for ~$65

I hate eCost and their unadvertised "handling fees" -- they don't show up until you go to check out. Sure the cans are $58.99 and ground shipping is only $1.99, but don't forget to tack on $5.50 for the mysterious "handling fee"! :rolleyes:

I know that they replace the padding around the ears... but reconditioned headphones just sound gross to me still.

karrock said:
I hate eCost and their unadvertised "handling fees" -- they don't show up until you go to check out. Sure the cans are $58.99 and ground shipping is only $1.99, but don't forget to tack on $5.50 for the mysterious "handling fee"! :rolleyes:

That's why I said ~$65.

SiflandOlly said:
nice deal, are there any real reasons to shy away from "reconditioned" head phones?

No, as long as they come with a warranty. In most cases IME you can't tell the difference between refurb and brand new.

I got my Sennheiser HD600's (factory refurbed) from Amazon earlier this week, and they came with the box and everything. Took the headphones out to inspect em and there's no blemishes or anything. Seems like the Senn refurbs are pretty good.

Sennheiser has VERY good refurbs.

I have a pair of non refurb HD580s and I like them a lot. I'm plannin on gettin a pair of HD280s for a closed phone. Nice find. (HD280 new go for $100)

Back