recovering drive after raid

alemmons

n00b
Setting up 5 WD640s in a raid5 on a Highpoint 3510 controller. I didn't set the tler on so now I am trying to do it. Unfortunately the tler software doesn't work with the controller so I am trying to redo the drives and put them on the 750i motherboard controller. The motherboard won't seem to see them since they have been initialized for the Highpoint raid. Is this a normal issue? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

If you are looking to recover the array to get data off, you will need to use the same controller it was set up with.
If you have to use another controller (but the same), update its BIOS to the same as was used in the old controller.

If you dont value the data, Rakinos suggestion should work.

There is no data that I am worried about. The problem right now is getting the motherboard to recognize the drive. Currently it just sits there trying to detect sata1, sata2, etc. I was wondering if this had to do with the initialization process of the raid controller. I have already went in and deleted the array.

download the ultimate boot cd, and use the program dban to wipe the disks, you don't have to let it go all the way through, just let it get a percent or so in, it should have the superblock wiped

Back