Recruiting lazy college students

magnusvir

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a chance here to possibly recruit a bunch of people in my dorm for the [H]orde. Here is the problem. Most dont know me. Most sit in their rooms playing Halo or something or the other.

I managed to get permission to set up a flyer around the hall but I want to test out the reception to this in my floor so I dont waste time putting up flyers. I also can get my RA to help with some PR in our floor newsletter about this. It is called 'potty talk' since it is put up in the potty cubicles and the urinals. So I need help.

1) I saw a post about a flyer here but I cannot seem to find it. If whoever created it can send me the document please post here and I will PM you with my e-mail. Or if you think you can put a flyer that would attract college guys to FAH LMK.

2) Can you summarize everything about FAH in 30 words or less? I cannot but I know someone in the [H]orde can. It has to draw ppl into folding.

Basically, if someone interested talks to me, I go to their room and assimilate the computer.

Thanks for any help from a wannabe big time folder.

I made the poster. K* already posted the link. I ended up only posting the flyer on my door to my dorm room because I made it in the last 2 weeks of class before summer, so I can't give you any idea of how well it would work if used on a larger scale.

Currently I don't have time to redo the poster but I'd add the words "Cancer Research" prominently at the top, and "F@H" smaller below it. More people would be drawn to "Cancer Research" I'd think. Or:

F@H
Cancer Research

That'd way they'd be like "F@H" what? and then they'd read on. I guess my point is a lot more people I've talked to listen up if I say "Cancer Research" instead of "Folding at Home."

Here is a link to the word file, so it's easier to change: F@H Poster Word Doc

-MN Scout

magnusvir said:
2) Can you summarize everything about FAH in 30 words or less? I cannot but I know someone in the [H]orde can. It has to draw ppl into folding.
it helps fight cancer at no cost to you. if you set it up properly (and i can help) you won't notice a thing.

here's what i'd do... little questionaire type thing. (poster suggestion)

1) Do you have a computer?
2) Do you have the internet?
3) Do you dislike cancer?
If you answered yes to these questions, go fold.
http://folding.stanford.edu

See magnusvir for more information.

good luck!

rogue_jedi said:
it helps fight cancer at no cost to you. if you set it up properly (and i can help) you won't notice a thing.

here's what i'd do... little questionaire type thing. (poster suggestion)

1) Do you have a computer?
2) Do you have the internet?
3) Do you dislike cancer?
If you answered yes to these questions, go fold.
http://folding.stanford.edu

See magnusvir for more information.

good luck!

I think I will put that questionnaire in for the newsletter. I was thinking also like tying in those yellow "Live Strong" bracelets everybody seems to be wearing here. Dont know if that is the case with other campuses.

Wow I like that magnusvir! I think that would work as maybe a second poster. You have to change your posters every few weeks you know. :)

-MN Scout

you gotta mix in "Free Beer" in there someplace

I tried to get people in my dorm to fold a few years back...

I was unsuccessful with every attempt. Sucked. Hope you have better luck than I did!

I would also suggest a little imagery in the background, some splashes of color here and there on get the guy that was drawing up those stick figure taunts make an image to use.
Plain ol text isnt eye catching, you gotta get to stop and look first!

Those stick figure guys are funny and people like funny.
Eh my thoughts anyway.

Mayhem33 said:
I would also suggest a little imagery in the background, some splashes of color here and there on get the guy that was drawing up those stick figure taunts make an image to use.
Plain ol text isnt eye catching, you gotta get to stop and look first!

Those stick figure guys are funny and people like funny.
Eh my thoughts anyway.

Hot naked chicks always get my attention :D

O
oo
/\

You could also advertise that you work on computer systems. Give them the choice of folding (set up as a service) and you'll knock $20 off the bill, or pay the usual rate. Good luck.

Back