Red Faction Guerilla comes to PC on Sept 15th

CompuG##K

Gawd
Volition has posted the release date for the PC version of Red Faction Guerilla. :D

We know that a lot of our fans have been extremely patient and waiting on the PC version of Red Faction Guerrilla and that an official date hadn't been set in stone. Today that changes, as we've locked down our release dates, which you can see below.

North America: September 15th
International: September 11th

We're still finalizing the digital distribution partners for each region, and once that is all written out, I'll be sure to pass along that information as well. In addition to the release dates, below are the minimum and recommended specifications to run RFG PC:

Recommended:

* CPU: 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
* Memory: 2 GB RAM / 15 GB of Hard Drive space
* Video Card: 256 MB 3D Video Card w/Shader Model 3.0 Support (Nvidia GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon HD3850)

Note: If you're going to play Multiplayer on Games For Windows Live, we highly encourage each individual to be running a "Recommended" spec computer or higher.

Minimum:

* CPU: 2.0 GHz Dual-Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
* Memory: 1 GB RAM / 15 GB of Hard Drive space
* Video Card: 128 MB 3D Video Card w/Shader Model 3.0 Support (Nvidia GeForce 7600/ATI Radeon X1300)

We hope all of you are looking forward to RFG on PC in a few months, and here's a few screenshots as well, taken on a recommended spec system running DirectX® 10.

Read the Post

They also have a few PC screenshots posted. :D

PC_Screenshot_01.jpg

PC_Screenshot_02.jpg

PC_Screenshot_03.jpg

PC_Screenshot_04.jpg

PC_Screenshot_05.jpg

PC_Screenshot_06.jpg

Is it me or are the pictures jaggalicious? Hopefully the game supports AA.

The only reason I havent bought this on PS3 is because of this PC release.

The demo was tons of fun, and challenging.

haha. I still have my Red Faction 1 disk. Good ol' 2001.

Is it me or are the pictures jaggalicious? Hopefully the game supports AA.

It has no reason not to support AA. If the game uses deferred rendering like GTAIV does, then the fact they they're supporting DX10 in this game means that we should be able to use AA in DX10 mode.

GTAIV only runs in DX9, which means no AA for us. :(

Those screenshots may have been taken at a higher resolution with a low amount of AA and then scaled down to 1280x800 to make them look smoother. If so, it's not the first time a dev has done this.

They did mention the screenshots were taken on a recommended spec system running DX10. Whether they were playing on a system that barely fits that bill or not is yet to be known. It appears as though they're not running any AF at all in those screens.

My eyes glazed over from dissapointment of it being delayed. :(

Not me and I'll tell you why: That kind of delay means that much more of a probability of this NOT being a bad port to the PC.

The August release date was never official, so it wasn't really delayed. It's just coming out later than expected. :(

I'm looking forward to playing with a mouse/keyboard. I eventually got the hang of playing with a gamepad on the 360 version, but I still often struggle to aim in situations where it would be easy for me with a mouse.

One thing I will be missing about using a gamepad is the controller rumble. RFG is one of the few games I've played that uses controller rumble extremely well. It doesn't feel like a gimmick. It feels like an extension of the game's special effects. When a building becomes unstable, you can feel the structure giving way around you. When you destroy a building, you can feel it through the remote. When you fire weapons and drive vehicles, you can feel it through the remote.

I know rumble has been around for a long time and a lot of games use it, but RFG's implementation of it is the best I've seen in a long time.

Now, RFG PC will probably include full support for a 360 controller plugged into the PC. So I could continue to play with a 360 remote...

Last edited:
yeah I just couldn't get into the gameplay b/c your missions don't feel connected. I mean it's fun blowing up everything in the destructive environment but it gets old.

Not me and I'll tell you why: That kind of delay means that much more of a probability of this NOT being a bad port to the PC.
To me it appears the PC delays are more of concerns from the developer to lessen the impact of piracy on the console versions.
I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a delay translate into value add on the pc yet.

Back