Reducing mouse cord snag

Anyone got any tips? I have the G9 with the braided cord and it seems kind stiff. It hooks on the sharp edges of my desk some times. i put some tape on the rough/sharp part of my desk and used a self adhesive cable tie to guide the mouse wire. still, because its so stiff it gives me some resistance at times. I've searched for solutions and saw the mouse bungee but it doesn't look like its for me.

Doll rod, block of wood and a clip, = anything is possible

Or get with the age and go wireless, geezzzzzz people still use cords?

Eeww!!! Wireless has such horrible response. I have a fancy Logitech cordless mouse, tried to like it, used it for about a month. Just could not handle the lag. Plus I could not adjust the polling rate.

To the OP, you could try one of those springy soldering gun holders, might work.

Anyway, wired ftw...

Ply

You know there's a cord between the wireless receiver and the PC. How wireless is that? :mad: Skip the middle-man of the receiver and just go direct-to-mouse. :D

Wow - I WAY prefer corded over cordless. Not even CLOSE.

I duct tape the slack of my cord to the top of my desk. I keep my mouse on the keyboard trey. On the edge of the keyboard trey I have duct tape so it doesn't snag onto the rough edge. Yeah its a ghetto setup but it works like a charm.

Just use something heavy like a paperweight to hold most of the slack and you should be ok. I generally keep 6 inches or so of free cord directly in front of my mouse, and that saves me from having problems(or buying 17$ accessories).

My PC is on my desk so I don't really have to worry about the cord getting caught up.

Do that. It won't cost you a thing.

I duct taped the cord to the desk and then put a speaker on the piece of duct tape so it doesn't show. Cheap and effective.

Back