refresh rates not sticking. evil demon in my computer. help

doh-nut

Supreme [H]ardness
ive used refreshforce for a long time. it worked well, but about a year ago it stopped working with the more current ATI drivers. then i started using ati tray tools. worked perfectly. till i restart today.

for some reason, no refresh rate sticks anymore. after i restarted i found that windows decided it would be cool to uninstall my monitor driver. im using a mitsubishi 930sb. the driver which windows xp hates already. it doesn't install it unless i manually point to the .inf file.

ive driver cleanered, installed 4.11, 4.12 and up to 5.1 catalyst, then the monitor driver, then ati tray tools after to force refresh rates. but same thing. the refresh rates just aren't sticking.

any ideas on what I should do? i know windows wants me to jump through 4 or more hoops in a certain way, but i just haven't figured out what those are yet :/ i just want my refresh rates

i have driver cleanered in safe mode a minute ago, im back in regular mode and im ready to try anything

works now

well my computer has embarrassed me yet again and decided to start displaying the correct refresh rates. there is a demon in my computer though he just hides his sorry ass when i start asking for help at [H]. thanks anyway

Back