REFURB SAPPHIRE X1800XT 256MB - $220 @ Egg

Only $40 more AR ($259) for a brand new retail one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102698

I'm not putting down newegg refurbs. All but one refurb video card I bought (8 or 9) has worked, but 1/2 of them came bare with no accessories. That's shouldn't be a surprise since the warning is given right on the product page. Just keep in mind that you may not get a manual, driver CD, 6 pin power adapter, any cables or even a DVI to VGA adapter with it.

Not bad. You can get a brand new X1800XT 512MB (flashes to PE) from the Egg for $259 right now though.

CEpeep said:
Not bad. You can get a brand new X1800XT 512MB (flashes to PE) from the Egg for $259 right now though.

$281 is the cheapest and it's a refurb.

pxc said:
Only $40 more AR ($259) for a brand new retail one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102698

I'm not putting down newegg refurbs. All but one refurb video card I bought (8 or 9) has worked, but 1/2 of them came bare with no accessories. That's shouldn't be a surprise since the warning is given right on the product page. Just keep in mind that you may not get a manual, driver CD, 6 pin power adapter, any cables or even a DVI to VGA adapter with it.

My last three cards have been egg refurbs. 9700, 9800, x800. All worked fine for the time I had them (1.5 years). I am convinced that 90% of the refurbs are simple returns.

You are right about the accessories...all you get is a white box with the card.

Meh, I'd rather just go with a refurb than deal with a rebate.

Leon2ky said:
Meh, I'd rather just go with a refurb than deal with a rebate.

Except if you had basic reading skills, you'd have noticed that it's an instant rebate.
:rolleyes:

takeabao said:
Except if you had basic reading skills, you'd have noticed that it's an instant rebate.
Except if you came to realize that I'm a cheap shit, you wouldn't be an asshole.

takeabao said:

$40 is a pretty good savings ($220 vs 259). I'm at 1280 so I don't need 512mb.

right now theres a $50 coupon code on newegg for ATI cards so add that into a new one and you get a pretty good deal! Unfortunately I missed out on it

It's stupid to go with a refurb than a brand new one at $259. Newegg is notorious for their video card refurbs (there's a reason that it was sent back), but if you rather save the $40 and get a shitload of hassle, go ahead.

There is definately something wrong with the card. I bought so many cards from newegg refurbished every one was dead.

guys, been out of the videocard scene for awhile, how much faster is the X1800XT than my 6800Ultra?

man if this was 512 i would buy. i jsut want one more upgrade and it to be a 512 card.

Card showed up this morning. All of the accessories were in the box. Damn this card is big.

Back