Regarding 77.30.....

SystemERRor

Limp Gawd
I just installed the Battlefield 2 demo yesterday, when it told me to install these new drivers. They were 77.30, which i noted was a big jump from the current non-beta drivers. I had been using some old 67 drivers because i was comfortable with them and because i heard some problems with the 7x.xx series. Well anyway, they seem to work, and performance in HL2 seems good.

Can anyone tell me anything about these drivers though? If they are worth it, i will do a clean install of my drivers (i regret to say that i didnt even uninstall my old drivers before the install of these).

I have the unpacked folder for the driver in c:\nvidia . It's been a while since i've set up a driver right from the folder. I just need to use the setup.exe file, right?

The recommended way is to uninstall the device driver completely. For added peace of mind, you can also use an nVidia driver cleaner (available at Guru3D) to wipe out all the left over files. Then use the setup.exe with the new drivers.

I've never used the driver cleaner or uninstalling the current driver, so you should be fine regardless. If you are benchmarking and want to get the maximum score possible, then use the uninstall and clean method first.

Yeah, ive been using driver cleaner for a while... (I think i started because of some remaining driver files causing errors one day).

DejaWiz said:
The recommended way is to uninstall the device driver completely. For added peace of mind, you can also use an nVidia driver cleaner (available at Guru3D) to wipe out all the left over files. Then use the setup.exe with the new drivers.

I've never used the driver cleaner or uninstalling the current driver, so you should be fine regardless. If you are benchmarking and want to get the maximum score possible, then use the uninstall and clean method first.
That's not just for nvidia, it works for many kinds drivers but it does focus on clearing up the remnants of ATI and Nvidia drivers.. And guru3d only distributes the file, it actually originates from Driverheaven.net

TehQuick said:
That's not just for nvidia, it works for many kinds drivers but it does focus on clearing up the remnants of ATI and Nvidia drivers.. And guru3d only distributes the file, it actually originates from Driverheaven.net
I knew it also cleaned ATI files, but since this was a post about an nVidia card... ;)

Thanks for the info about its origins!!

Back