(Relatively) Good, cheap computer speakers for music?

Raudulfr

2[H]4U
Hello,

I'm selling my Logitech X-530 speakers because frankly I don't need 5.1 and now I simply don't use them anymore thanks to my HA-RX900.

So I'm looking for a relatively good (and cheap) set of computer speakers, 2.0 or 2.1, nothing too fancy.

So far I've looked at Altec Lansing VS2420, Logitech X-140 and Logitech V-10 (yes, they're USB notebook speakers, so what? As long as they are good :p)... For all I know they all suck, but that's why I'm asking here :D

Below $50 is pretty darn limiting. Used would be the best if you can find something.

I don't suppose you have an amplifier of some sort? There are some bookshelf sets around $50...not great, but probably better than some of those "plastic housing with 2-inch drivers" abominations.

If you're mostly going to be using the headphones anyway, you could always just get something that doesn't look TOO bad and call it a day, accepting that there will be a large quality gap.

If you're mostly going to be using the headphones anyway, you could always just get something that doesn't look TOO bad and call it a day, accepting that there will be a large quality gap.

Yes, that would be my goal. Sometimes I just get a bit tired of wearing headphones all the time hence the need for a cheap but not "cheap" 2.0/2.1 set of speakers.

Hmm. I've seen the M-Audio AV20s for ~$50 a few times (more often, a bit over after shipping). AV40s, it's not, but maybe you'd at least get decent build quality? You would need to look around a bit first. I think buy.com has them for $50-60 shipped, but maybe you can do better if they interest you.

Back