remember this epox board?

JHefile

Necrophilia Makes Me [H]ard
I think I am such a geek. I hope my neighbours didn't see me take these pics.

Socket A!

picture005h.jpg

picture006c.jpg

i was wondering where that last Tums went. lol

That board was and still is QUALITY. I recall deciding between that 8RDA, the NF-7, the DFI, and the A7N8X in ye olde days....

Fond memories indeed.

What happened with Epox? My first Epox board was a 8KTA3+ Socket A 133mhz FSB board back when everyone was jumping to 133mhz memory. I remember being really empressed with it at the time. It even had heat sinks on the mosfets.

I still have that board, and was considering chucking it out last night when doing some cleaning up.

I built a lot of computers with another AMD 462 board from Epox, I can't remember the model number, but it was a AMD chipset, which was rare at the time, with 166fsb if I am not mistaken. Several those went for years before the caps leaked out and gave up the ghost.

What happened with Epox? My first Epox board was a 8KTA3+ Socket A 133mhz FSB board back when everyone was jumping to 133mhz memory. I remember being really empressed with it at the time. It even had heat sinks on the mosfets.

I still have that board, and was considering chucking it out last night when doing some cleaning up.

I built a lot of computers with another AMD 462 board from Epox, I can't remember the model number, but it was a AMD chipset, which was rare at the time, with 166fsb if I am not mistaken. Several those went for years before the caps leaked out and gave up the ghost.

Epox went under.

No buldging caps, amazing. I was a huge epox fan. My 1800 AXP 2.8 watercooled was on a 8rda+

Sadly like Abit they went under.

40 bucks takes it. Its a refurb from epox.

No buldging caps, amazing. I was a huge epox fan. My 1800 AXP 2.8 watercooled was on a 8rda+

Sadly like Abit they went under.

Well, I bought this board from Epox store as a refurb. I had one before it that actually burned itself about the size of a dime. So I went for another.

By the way, why is Epox's site still up if they went under?

either (1) still have warranty on existing boards in circulation or (2) they make things other than motherboards

I still have one of those, sitting about 3 ft away from me in my little home office here

Well, I bought this board from Epox store as a refurb. I had one before it that actually burned itself about the size of a dime. So I went for another.

drivers, product specifications... prolly just up until whatever billing they have on the domain is up

Man I remember Epox. I had a 8KTA3L+ watercooled with a 1800+ OC'd to 166mhz fsb. Man that was awesome. That paired with my BFG TI-4200 - I was the shiz!

Wow, doing a GIS for 8KTA3L+ brings up a pic of my current mobo on the second page. Spooky!

My sister still runs a KP6-LA LX Epox that is + 11 years old. Built like a fucking tank! Epox can make one hell of a motherboard thats for sure.

My sister still runs a KP6-LA LX Epox that is + 11 years old. Built like a fucking tank! Epox can make one hell of a motherboard thats for sure.

They don't make stuff like that anymore.. stuff nowadays will only last ~year..

Look at Nvidia's mobile GPUs..

I agree. I always feel like every new mobo I get has a terminal illness and the fun won't last much more than months to a year. I don't feel that security that I did with tanks like Epox.

I've owned a few Epox boards back in the day. They were great! They haven't exactly gone under, as they live on under the name Supox. They are a low-level board maker in Asia now. I'd be willing to give them a try but their recent boards all come with shitty audio codecs,,, too cheap for me. And their site recently went to Chinese-language only, which suggests they haven't any intention of reintroduce themselves into other markets.

Ahh, Epox. I had an EP-3PTA with an old Celeron 1.0A way back when. It overclocked a full 50% without any real trouble at all. I dug its stripped down simplicity - there was just no useless crap on that board at all, and it was solid as a motherboard could be.

The motherboard market is a fickle one. If I had a dollar for every motherboard maker that's no longer in the business, I'd have lunch for a week paid for... sad how ECS/PCChips has stuck around, considering some of the bombs they've built, but companies with some truly great products (Epox, Albatron, and Chaintech, are 3 that made products that I personally had huge success with) just had gotten pushed out of the market over the years...

ETA : I also miss Soltek and AOpen. Man, I'd forgotten about many of these...

I loved my EPoX EP-8NPA SLI

Socket 754, nForce 4 chipset, SLI support. Good times.

up until i got my dfi nf2 infinty i was using only epox boards for a couple years, probably since abit be6-2v2. also soyo had a run of good boards, bx boards then the early via chipsets, kt133a, kt266a, etc.

I don't think I ever had a Soyo board, but I remember when they were awfully busy. Is it just me, or does it seem the Motherboard industry is being whittled down to just a few dependable names these days? I'd like more choice. Though I have to admit, Asrock has been doing some good work of late.

And iWill, don't forget iWill. Man, we are getting to be some old ass mofo's!

No joke! I loved IWill boards. I have a friend that still uses an IWill P4 board for his old 1.6A. For Christmas one year, my brother and I bought my dad a Duron 800 and an IWill KD266, with the ALi chipset. My dad's PC was solid for a long time; this replaced some sort of old K6-2 machine. It even overclocked well, to boot!

Back