Remove Firestix heatspreaders

Feileung

Limp Gawd
Is it easy to remove Firestix heatspreaders? I have a set of these on the way and I'd like to see which chips they have on them. I'd rather not damage them in the process though!

of all the modules i have removed heatspreaders from, the Firestix are among the easiest. they use the thick grey thermal tape that is pretty easy to remove. the clips on top pop right off and on one set i had, i didn't even need a screw driver, my fingers were able to just pull them up.

if you want to make it really easy, heat them up witha blower dryer for a minute before removing them. HTH

I'm gonna make a prediction in advance ;)

They're gonna say D9GMH :p

You nevar know though i guess.

Per Ramlist.. Micron D9GMH (B6-3). Elpida AG-6E-E (some) Hopefully you got the first one.. :) Let us know!!

Elpida are a freak occurence in the Firestix, last one was from October 2006 and I saw a picture of a guy with a D9GMH Firestix 2 weeks ago. I bet it's D9GMH.

I will also pop the heatsink when mine will arrive but I'm sure it's D9GMH or D9GKX (this also appeared on the 6400 but it's much more rarer).

Yeah, I decided not to pull them off. They overclock like mad so far so I guess I got good ones:)

Back