Replacement for XBOX wireless pc controller USB adapter $13

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Probably don't want to hear it but i got mine separate from the controller, I got it from Amazon in 2009, it was an original Microsoft one with authentic prisms and has been verified by MS, and it still works. I use it everyday. Oh, and I'm still on my first one.

edit: It was this one, and mine was from TOTAL CONSOLE: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...indows/dp/B000HZFCT2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The ones that say "XBOX" are NOT the legit ones. The legit receivers say "Microsoft"

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The ones that say "XBOX" are NOT the legit ones. The legit receivers say "Microsoft"

That is correct, but if you research a bit you will find you do not always receive the Amazon picture. Specific vendors are selling the correct product. There are pages and pages of counterfeit versions, but that page is for the real version. If you get the counterfeit version on that page you can complain to Amazon and return it free of charge (better idea: research the vendor and product before you buy). TOTAL CONSOLE sold me the correct, authentic version.

That is correct, but if you research a bit you will find you do not always receive the Amazon picture. Specific vendors are selling the correct product. There are pages and pages of counterfeit versions, but that page is for the real version. If you get the counterfeit version on that page you can complain to Amazon and return it free of charge (better idea: research the vendor and product before you buy). TOTAL CONSOLE sold me the correct, authentic version.

AH. Got it. My bad, but I suppose the difference is a good thing to point out nonetheless.

Glad I stocked up on the official MS dongles when Target put them on clearance back in 2009! I bought five of them for $5 bucks a piece! Gave three away to friends and family and kept two for myself. Must have been a good batch, because everyone of them still works! Still have one unopened stuffed in a box in storage somewhere as my first one is still kicking strong!

I never could figure out why they made them so big and clunky? Would have been way smarter to make them the size of a thumb drive. Or better yet maybe an SD Card version that would maybe stick out a 1/4" and could interface via the sd card slot on a laptop. That would be super convenient for any gamers on the go!

Back