Replacement laptop fan

DanNeely

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a first generation MSI wind netbook. The fan in it was crap and has required oiling every month or two since I bought it. Unfortunately after 2 years, my fan has worn out completely and is no longer functional. I looked on ebay, and found several different companies selling replacement fans. Do any of Forcecon, Sunon, or T&T have reputations I should be aware of when deciding who to order a replacement from? The only brand I've heard of before is Sunon, but I've never actually bought one of their fans.

For what it's worth I used a Forcecon to fix a friend's Wind that had a noisy fan, and it lasted about three months before it too got really noisy and siezed up. (Then the machine got taken on a shooting trip LMAO). I think I would try the Sunon fan as it least it's a brand I have heard of....and at the time I found the replacement fan they were all Forcecons. Maybe Sunon has stepped up to make a better replacement fan??????:confused:

*sigh*. I looked, the original fan is a T&T; the only vendor selling the Sunon wants almost $30, shipped. The other two can be had for $10-15.

Without quotes MSI U100 replacement parts returns 0 relevant hits for a fan. With quotes is even worse. bizrate.com deserves a google death sentence since they never have anything useful.

Back